Search results

1. F

question on hand laid turnouts

I do have a paypal
  2. F

question on hand laid turnouts

Hello all, I am looking for anyone who make jigs for hand laying your turnouts. I'm looking for #7 and greater, I found a company called fast tracks, however I just can't afford 200 bucks for a jig. are there any other companies that provide options?
  3. F

Derelict structures

For the base of the water tower I wouldn't use brick sheets, you're better off at getting a brick grain silo and cutting the base out of the silo. I have seen a few out there, also I do believe someone makes a water tower kit similar to the one photographed
  4. F

Ghosts of the past

I have to ask you Montanan, what was it like riding aboard those trains? I'm only 22 and while I've traveled Amtrak and had an AMAZING experience, I can only imagine what it would have been like aboard a REAL limited liner.
  5. F

Ghosts of the past

This photo is of a Ghost of the Past still proudly living on! This B&O baywindow calls Lester Ohio home. CSX still uses her quite often between Lester and Lorain OH. usually about once every couple weeks you can see her riding on the rails. It's really nice to see this piece of history still in...
  6. F

Question on B&O station colors

B&O's primary colors are either yellow siding with brown trim or a light blue/grey color with white trim. Many stations still exist in both colors, although the yellow with brown trim would be your best bet in my opinion to really "pop" out on the layout!
  7. F

Ghosts of the past

The dome cars do look a little far up in the consist
  8. F

Ghosts of the past

In my home town of Wellington Ohio, just a short hike away takes you to the old L&WV. the Lorain and West Virginia RR was back in the day a major line often used by NKP. If these rails could talk about the mighty Berks that these rail supported as they thundered across the Ohio country side...
  9. F

Ghosts of the past

I'd like to make Ghosts of the Past it's own website and "organization" But thanks for the tip I'll give it a shot!
  10. F

Ghosts of the past

I gotta say there are some great posts! Unfortunately all the shots I've taken are with my Canon EOS and the pics are too "big" to be uploaded too this site :/ anyone know how to reduce the file size?
  11. F

More Wiring Help Please

Ok first a couple questions are you operating DC or DCC? Also do you plan on installing signals at any time? Cause the best way for that would be your idea in creating block districts.
  12. F

What's going on with Atlas turnouts?

Honestly all these track shortages are confusing me as well. I was going to build my layout with Atlas but honestly I'm looking more towards Peko and other manufacturers. Honestly wouldn't be a bad idea since everyone else seems to be having problems
  13. F

Ghosts of the past

It'd be really nice to see more towers in such great condition as this one!
  14. F

Soundtraxx ATI-1000 help

I'm having a bit of a wiring problemo. I installed the sound decoder into my Bachmann GP-7 and wired according too the diagram however the lights don't work no matter what I do. Then I wired the lights opposite the diagram and I just get a steady glow from both LED's without the light function...
  15. F

Ghosts of the past

Sitting as a true ghost of the past, in the long forgotten town of Nova, in the heart of Ohio's farmland, tower "VN" still stands as a proud symbol of the B&O and to this day refuses to fall. Although days are numbered and close to toppling VN was perhaps the most important tower between Willard...
  16. F

Ghosts of the past

That's a great story! I've got a good camera and intend on taking many photos soon plus trying too find photos of back in the day of a few places here in Ohio that are rich in B&O, NYC, NKP, N&W. But thanks Iron Horseman for that great post! I can't wait too see what other people have to share!
  17. F

Ghosts of the past

I'm starting this thread for all railfans. I'm wanting to start a group called "Ghosts of the Past" where people can share all kinds of photos, stories and what have you of railroad history all across America. I'm from the Cleveland Ohio area and this area alone is FLOODED with all kinds of rail...
  18. F

A lesson about what model railroading is...

It would be cool to find a club like that! However sadly there is only one club within decent driving distance :/
  19. F

Iron makes a good point that model railroading is different for everyone and that couldn't be farther from the truth. The only argument I'm saying is model railroading just shouldn't be about showing off a price tag to those who can't afford the pricy stuff and also those who don't realize that...
  20. F

I also thought model RR clubs were for the reason of love of trains, but in reality if you don't have any "skills" or trains to offer to the club they could care less about letting you join, and most of the clubs you'll find nothing but BLI and few proto and other bragging locos. In the recent...

Back