Search results

1. T

Fast Tracks- Worth the money?

I am building a new layout and will be needing at least 15 turnouts and was wondering about the Fast Tracks Jig for building my own. What are your opinions on using them, is it good investment? Thanks, Mike
  2. T

Looking for info on Walthers Glacier Gravel Co.

Hello all. I have been gone for a few months due to a computer crash. I am wondering about how much room I would need to set up the Glacier Gravel Co? I would like to build a rock quarry on the new layout I am planning and would like to set aside a place for it. Has anyone got one on there...
  3. T

Need some help with new layout plan

Thanks so much for all the responses, I will take all this into consideration when I get ready to start construction. One thing for sure, I do not want any sharp curves as I have several 18'' curves on my present layout and I cannot run the larger steam locos or any passenger trains. The...
  4. T

Thanks for the fast respons, I will try and answer your questions. I am in HO freelance modeling in thr mid to upper '70's. Iwould like to have a continious run with at least a double mainline,witha large bridge/trestle across the staircase,with pleanty of mountains and tunnels. I would also...
  5. T

Good evening all. I am in the position that I might be able to start a new layout after the first of the year and would like to have your comments. Below is a diagram of the room I will be getting. It is the upstairs portion of my house, and is fully insulated and sheetrocked. As you can...
  6. T

Problems on downhill grade

I got my second P2K GP38-2 this morning and installed the couplers and broke it in. I hooked the two locos (They are idenical twins) together and they pull great on flat ground and going up my 2.5% grade. Now my problem...going down hill the locos will speed up then slow down to nearly a dead...
  7. T

End of September Photo Fun

A Burlington Northern GP38-2 pulls a train of mixed freight West across the river. It is a busy day here in Traintown.
  8. T

Burlington Northern boxcars

I think the thread you are talking about is one that I started,The best I could figure was 50% home rail, 25% other rails and 25% privet owned. Thanks. Mike
  9. T

Lego was never this fun. New building block material

I also like the looks of the blocks, where do you get them and how expensive are they? Mike
  10. T

I am not trying to limit myself to only BN but I will have a new BN here in a few days and I do not have anything in rolling stock or anything elece that is BN. I do have several other boxcars and such but would like to have some BN stock to go with what I nave got. Mike
  11. T

I have ordered a BN P2K, and am looking for some rolling stock to go with it. Man I cannot find very much at all. Found some in the $30.00 each price range, but donnot want to give that for a boxcar, I didn't know BN was so hard to find, I find a lot of BNSF, but I dont think that would be right...
  12. T

WeekEND Photo FUN 9-15 to 9-17 2006!

My input for the week. Good pics everyone This one is of the church and Red River Diesel This is one of a lawn mower repair servece I built some time ago and lately I put a fence and concrete around it You all may remember the lumber shed The old jail, Better be...
  13. T

Ordered new P2K

Yesterday I ordered a new P2K GP38-2 with BN paint and would like to know a few things about it befor it comes it (maybe next Friday or Saturday) For those of you that have them, do you think it will pull 18 - 20 car train up a 2.5% grade ok? Do I need to lube it or will it be ok to just break...
  14. T

A couple of pictures as promised!!!

Nice pics, gonna look good when finished. I don't know about where you are but here in Okla. you need water to run a boat. LOL Look forward to seeing some more as you go along. Mike
  15. T

Its that time again, WPF, Sept 8-10

Hello steve, great pic. I am wondering if you would give me the how-to's on building the wood fence in your pic? I have got a place on my layout I am wanting to build one and haven't got much of an idea yet, would mind sharing with me? Mike
  16. T

Hello Folks

Hello simon, I also came from trains.com and since it was getting to where there was a lot of complaining and BS that had nothing to do with model RR'ing I started looking around. Seems here I do not get as many replies but the ones I get are generally answers to my question and not the BS...
  17. T

Need advice on buying new loco

I am looking at one from First Hobby and is about a hundred bucks. It doesn't say DC or DCC or anything about lighting. The product # is LIF30778 if that helps any. Thanks for the response. Mike
  18. T

new guy with some pics

I'm not sure what they make tutu's out of, I'm thinking it will be to big. I think what this is used for is bridial vails and the such. I measured the little holes and they are about 1.5mm. (My eyes are not as good as I would like) I used a digital calipers to measuer. If you need more help, I...
  19. T

Need advice on buying new loco

I am not sure if this is the place for this question, if not I'm sure someone will let me know. I am looking to buy a new loco and am leaning twards a P2K from the internet. I do not know if they are DCC ready or just DC the adds do not say. I would like to have DCC ready with bright white LED...
  20. T

new guy with some pics

CSX......I used some some tula (SP) I got at Wally World, rather expensive....Cost $1.00 a yard, and I have enough to put fence around everything on the layout if I want. The barbed wire is simply gray thread. Mike

Back