Lego was never this fun. New building block material

Fergmiester

M.E.S.S. Maker
This is a new building block material that I recently received from Dave Batemen of Model Rail Structures.

I've started to experiment with them and there's lots of potenetial! I plan on making more abutments and building foundations using this stuff. I use Zap a gap to piece them together.

Bridge_abutments_RZ.jpg

Bridge_abutment_RZ.jpg

Fergie

Very nice. I recently received a few bags of that stuff myself. Now I need to use it somewhere. Thanks for the inspiration!

JeffShultz said:
I take it those are single bricks?

Yes, that's the beauty of this stuff, you can cut it, shape it, sand it, paint it. It's very versatile.

Foundation_resized.jpg

Fergie

Last edited by a moderator:
Fergie,

I discovered the Lego Secret years ago when I was scratchbuilding steel mill structures and machinery. I can easily cement them to styrene, butyrate and PVC using PlasticWeld.:cool:

Fergie, I like the looks of the blocks, how easy are they to trim to make a little smaller? I was going to order a few packs of them to sctrach build the block culvert that'll be on my layout.

jbaakko said:
Fergie, I like the looks of the blocks, how easy are they to trim to make a little smaller? I was going to order a few packs of them to sctrach build the block culvert that'll be on my layout.

All you need to do is score them on both sides and snap them with pliers or your fingers.

I'm so happy with their potential I ordered four more bags.

Fergie

I think i'll give them a try, and maybe even do a special weekend photo fun dedicated to this product

Well then, looks like I'll only be order them from you ;). By the way, I'm really interested in that Stucco coating, I'm gonna have to order 2 bottles att he same time as I order the blocs.

Josh i ordered a bag from hunterscenaryco, should be fun knocking something together
David i didn't see you made them till after i'd ordered them

David's gernerosity is amazing, he's sending me a sample, so I can see how they'll turn for the culvert!

I expect to be ordering some of these soon. I've been looking for bridge abuttments and haven't found any commercially available ones to my liking.

Back