Search results

1. C

ST Maries River Railroad Log Flat

One could also use just a scab piece of iron or steel instead of angle iron for the bunk supports. I have probably 70 or so pics of ex MILW log cars that were taken at either Western Jct or Fredrickson on the Chehalis Western around 1990. There were many different variations within the classes...
  2. C

Chinese Factory Closure

We can thank the unions for that!
  3. C

United Northwest annual train show Monroe, Wa Feb 4-5, 2012

It is that time of year again here in the Seattle area for the United Northwest annual model railroad show/swap meet. We have officially SOLD OUT the 56,000 square ft arena! We have 324 tables that will be filled by 97 vendors attending. There is a total of 22 layouts ranging from Z scale all...
  4. C

Coupler Compatibility

That is why I call them AccuHATES! And they also dont hold a long train together well on a hill. I have to put all my accuhate cars towards the back of the train.
  5. C

Log to woodchip facility

I built a sawmill for my N scale club and had to build one of these as well as other outbuildings for the mill. Most of what I wanted in the mill though however had to be scratchbuilt. I included not only the chip bunker, but also a sawdust loader, and a trailer loader. None of these are...
  6. C

Logging Vehicles

My dads cousin makes some log trucks and trailers that fit on the Herpa chasis. Here is a link to his website. http://www.dennisaust.com
  7. C

Rebuilding the Cowlitz, Chehalis, and Cascade Railway

Actually the CW ran into a similar problem when they ordered the 38-2s. Keep in mind the first of the 38s was 817, 818, 819 and then 810. The 810, according to the Weyco numbering system should have been 8110 but the second 1 was dropped to keep the locos 3 digit numbers. Now what most people...
  8. C

Logging Flat Cars?

Milwaukee Road had a TON of them used in the PNW that were 40ft converted from old boxcars. NP I am sure did the same and most of theirs were 42ft and 50ft cars. GN also had a variety of them and also in 42ft and 50ft lengths. As far as I know BN never did any spcific type of class of rebuilds...
  9. C

Some Random N Scale Thoughts

Hi guys, I have been in N scale since 1979 when my 2 twin sisters came along and I was 4 years old. My dad didnt want to give up his HO scale trains and my mom didnt want to give up my sisters so my dad and I were forced to downsize. In 1979 there was not much available, a good running engine...
  10. C

Seattle Area Clubs?

Seattle Clubs James, I have lived in the Seattle area for many years and know of several clubs in the area. First of all what scale do you model? Second what area of Seattle are you located in? I am an N scaler and am a current active member in the United Northwest Model Railroad club. I also...

Back