Search results

1. P

History of Northeast Scale Lumber/ scale models

This is a question for real history buffs in the railroading business. I've been curious about the relationship between Ambroid Scale Models and Northeast Scale Lumber/ structures. I have a lot of Ambroid kits and I have a lot of NE scale lumber ones as well. When you look at the instructions...
  2. P

How messy are you capable of being?

I am in construction on my layout and will make the big dig in Boston look like an overnight event from start to finish. At this point, Trains can actually make a full circuit on a 17 x 28 foot layout but obstructions on the track are part of my life. I'd swear that when I turn out the lights...
  3. P

How much do you spend on this a month?

Given the reaction to price increases from varied manufacturers I am kind of curious as to how much people put into their trains on a regular basis. I think if I average it over a year I probably put in about $1500.00. I could easily buy more but then I would be divorced. It has been pointed out...
  4. P

Back from the Big E!

That was one big train show. Four ( I think) buildings, two really large of nothing but train stuff. There were a number of tool booths I loved and got hemostats of various types, little screw grabbers, 100 packs of xacto blades and a pounce wheel. Then corrugated metal and paper roofing from...
  5. P

Hello from Chocorua New Hampshire!

I'm new to the board having moved from Santa Fe New Mexico to the White Mountains of New Hampshire. I am a glassblower with a lumber tree farm and a modest 24 x 17 ft HO railroad finally. I stubbornly model the Santa Fe and the DRG&W although living back here puts strange road names on the high...

Back