Search results

1. B

Rockface cement blocks

Thank you for your response. This helps a great deal Brian Krupicka
  2. B

Rockface cement blocks

we want sheet material that has a block that is 8 x 16 inches in HO scale for a model railroad.
  3. B

Rockface cement blocks

Rockface cement blocks We are building a 1900 style building and need some veracity “rockface” cement blocks. The blocks were produced by mixing Portland cement, water, sand, and gravel aggregate; placing the mixture in the machine and tamping it down to eliminate voids; and pulling a lever...
  4. B

New HO Layout HELP

I will try to answer all your questions. Cjcrescent The drawing was done in AutoCad 2008. I have uploaded a new PDF file with the additional dimensions. The locomotive repair is near the lower staging yard. It was not noted on the original drawing. At this point I was going to...
  5. B

New HO Layout HELP

My wife and I have just retired and will be moving into a new house which will allow me to build a HO model railroad. Until now I have belonged to a local club and never built a layout of this size. Exciting to say the least. Our goal is to build this layout for “operations”. What is not...
  6. B

HO Train Room Layout

Attached is my new HO Train Room Layout. Granted, I do not have sidings or areas defined, as of yet, but I think the overall layout will provide great flexibility. This layout is for both operations and scenery Please provide your comments. Brian Krupicka - USA
  7. B

HO Christmas train

It is that time of year again and each year I want to expand my HO Christmas train, which includes a engine, flat car with Santa Claus (slay and two rain dear), coal car (for those people on the naughty list), box car with lights (LED’s), open seat passenger car with an elf band and a caboose...
  8. B

Troller Tracker Control

Our club has several Troller Tracker controls and find them very reliable, however we have two that our not operational at this time. Does anyone have a web site for them or a schematic diagram they could share? Thank you Brian K
  9. B

Window material

Thank you Mike for your response. Yes it is 0.01 thick (not 0.001). I ordered several of the color sheets. There are times when it comes in handy for detail window work. Yes, this size sheet will provide a lot of material but it seams better than trying to find packaging or scraps of material
  10. B

Window material

I need you opinion on windows for models. I have been looking for sometime, to purchase clear window material for cars and buildings at a reasonable price. Selection options are minimal to say the least, however, I found a source that will provide 11.5” x 9” x 0.001” sheets. It comes in clear...
  11. B

Another "ignorant" electrical question

A simple circuit to operate the LED from a known power source, requires only a resistor in series with the LED. All we need to do is calculate the resistor value. As the components will be wired in series, the current flow through all components is equal Therefore, the resistor can be placed on...
  12. B

What scale should I go with?

8X8 is a great size for N scale, but be careful about reaching 4’ to the middle. Having said that, I selected N scale for the available size (spare bedroom) and it has worked out. Also the available equipment today for N scale is nearly equal to HO scale. Go for N scale.
  13. B

Can any DCC throttle be used as a straight DC throttle?

My home railroad and the club railroad are wired for DC and DCC via a selector switch. DCC 0000 will only allow running one engine at a time. Therefore, I would suggest wiring it for both. If you have multiple loops or separated point-to-point tracks having a DC and DCC selector switch(s)...
  14. B

spectrum bac84652 program

Can someone please provide the spectrum bac84652 CV program list. Thank you.
  15. B

Aurora, Co

With all that has happened in Aurora, Co., please post a picture of your flag and comments to our railroad brothers in Co. Thank you Just a reminder to those posting, please keep all comments in reference to the situation at hand and devoid of political opinions.
  16. B

Help !!!!

Can you slide the rail joiners to create gaps? If so then do it in several places until the short disappears. If you have a crossover, try the above on all sides first.
  17. B

Help !!!!

First remove all rolling stock. Second test every turnout and make sure they and if you have slide switches are working correctly. Third try to seperate (move) joiners to form gaps in the track. Somewhere along the line the short should go out.
  18. B

Fruit Trees

First I want to thank you all for your comments and suggestions. However, the N-scale Fruit Trees had an issue when I took off the round bases. The trees were too short to insert in the grass. After talking to Joe B., I experimented and came up with the following. I cut tips off toothpicks...
  19. B

Fruit creates

Thank you all for your responses. Brian Krupicka
  20. B

Fruit creates

I just made several N-scale skid creates and tried adding Woodland Scenics Fruit (T47) in the creates. The diluted white glue washed off the colors. I am looking for ideas on how to secure (glue) the fruit in the creates, any suggestions. Thank you Brian Krupicka

Back