Search results

1. Dollie's Dad

Looking for Good Hobby Shop in Las Vegas

I'm driving up to Las Vegas this weekend, and would love to find a good hobby shop (trains, of course) there. Does anyone know of one? Thanks.
  2. Dollie's Dad

116 UP locomotives--- No fooling!!

This was taken a couple years ago when the UP had all these engines stored at Colton. On this day, there were 116. At one point we counted 137. The entire line is gone now, and hopefully they're all back in service.
  3. Dollie's Dad

Ferromex ES44AC

Okay, I know the UP owns 26% of Ferromex, but we still don't see much of their power up here (So. Cal., Palm Springs area). This came through this afternoon on an intermodal train. It was the only thing worth taking a picture of after standing in the sun for an entire afternoon. :mad::cool:
  4. Dollie's Dad

Meet the B & S (BS Line)

This is the first layout I've attempted to build in almost 50 years, so I'm very rusty, and dealing with new technologies and materials that are pretty foreign to me. This will eventually be a two-level walk-in with a helix connecting the two levels. I'm dealing with very limited space (9' X...
  5. Dollie's Dad

Should I convert older Genesis F-units to Tsunami?

I have two sets of Genesis A-B F-units already, and they have the MRC sound decoder in them. I will soon have a new FP-7 A-B set with the Tsunami sound installed, and am wondering if it will be worth the trouble and expense of upgrading the older units to Tsunami. Decisions, decisions.

Back