Search results

1. Scordicus

Utility poles!

Modern day 2000 to present...
  2. Scordicus

Need help with NCE Power Cab...

A snippet of information... Artieiii I found this snippet of information on the web whilst searching for an answer, but I haven't tried it yet as I stay at my fiance's at the weekends.. The Soundtraxx decoder has something called quiet mode, I don't know if it will work on other sound...
  3. Scordicus

Utility poles!

Any more info??? Has anyone got any more info on the overpass question I have? As I'd like this to be as prototypical as possible but I'm not sure which way to proceed with this project...
  4. Scordicus

Disgusted

You know what, I'd take a multi-meter to the track if I was you, I'm guessing that you may well have a problem with your control system, either that or we change your name to Lucky! lol.. Now I've had my runs of bad luck in the past, but I get the feeling that there's possibly a little more...
  5. Scordicus

Good point Art, I didn't think of that.. I'm in the process of constructing my small layout at the moment so my Power Cab is currently hooked up to a small rolling road, which means I can only work on/run one loco at a time at the moment.. Does the mute button work only on the particular...
  6. Scordicus

Disgusted

Sadly that sort of attitude seems to be a reoccurring theme with Walthers from what I've seen, although I have not personally experienced it myself, but then I have only ever brought plastic kits from them.. I have lots of older (NOS) Athearn BB stock, mainly limited edition stuff, but tbh my...
  7. Scordicus

Without layout, but won't give up

You can do an inglenook in that size easy, but why are you loosing the whole 6" in width? Why not just cut out a section for the door handle to fit.. Have a look at this site :- http://www.carendt.us for some great micro designs...
  8. Scordicus

I have a Power cab and have recently started installing sound decoders in to my small fleet however I don't particularly like the way the sound stops dead as soon as the controller is set to zero speed, so I have selected to have the engine sound run on when the control speed is set to zero, on...
  9. Scordicus

wheelset question

Why do TOFC's and COFC's use the 36" wheels?? Is this because of weight of the cargo carried or the smoothness of the ride because of what's being carried, or something else??
  10. Scordicus

Disgusted

I too saw this thread after it had been deleted, but I think I get the gist.. You really should 'put it out there' if you have a particularly bad experience with a manufacturer.. I remember a few years ago a .38 bullet manufacturer (they prob made others as well) who's name escapes me for...
  11. Scordicus

Utility poles!

Thanks for that Trey, nice and descriptive just as we like it lol.. I haven't got room on the overpass for power poles to be installed, so how does this work? Are there extra long poles either side of an overpass for the wires to span the gap or some other setup??
  12. Scordicus

Saving Decals while repainting old freight car

Why do you need to paint them? Do you not like the colour they are?? If you mask the decals, you could perhaps make them look like patched cars.. It really depends on what exactly it is your after as you haven't really made this clear...
  13. Scordicus

Utility poles!

Another power line question! On my layout I have a highway overpass in which my power lines must cross.. How do the power companies go about crossing structures like these? Do they go over the top or do they hook up the cables underneath the overpass? To give you some idea, the height of...
  14. Scordicus

Need some help...

In an ideal world, although a bit of extra work, every separate piece of track should have droppers attached as rail joiners (fishplates) are not guaranteed to give good electrical connection and will fail over time.. At the very least you should wire each section of track to each other if not...
  15. Scordicus

Directional lighting CV's set-up...

From what I understand it's just a case of mapping i.e. Setting the horn, the headlight & the ditch lights all to one function key.. From what I've read, it's about CV values, (hex's) which I don't quite understand and it's a formula something like this.. Headlight = 1 Ditch lights = 2 Horn =...
  16. Scordicus

Just starting out

In all honesty, with research & building & everything else that goes in to constructing a layout, it can take a life time to construct a really good layout in a 20'x20' or bigger room & I'm sure your father would appreciate just being able to run trains even if the scenery isn't in place, or...
  17. Scordicus

Hey!

Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to hearing more about these techniques...
  18. Scordicus

After having a little bit of a play on the rolling road this afternoon, this is indeed what F10 & indeed F7 do.. Why it's needed on two function buttons though is beyond me.. So now I'm guessing it's just a case of tying the lights in to this function button press as well.. I hear ya Cajon but...
  19. Scordicus

Unfortunately the Digitrax manual doesn't tell you an awful lot and only lists a few of the many CV's (the F1 - F12 functions) so really isn't a lot of help.. Although that said, I do believe that the F10 is what they call a 'crossing gate function' which I believe (I haven't tested it yet)...
  20. Scordicus

Super Cheap roadbed.

Which is normally your wallet! lol... :D

Back