Search results

1. D

Accurail Covered Hoppers

I'm looking to super detail all my Accurail CVD hoppers. I was wondering if anyone has done this because i would like to see some pictures of some, Thank you.
  2. D

Tell me what you think?

I started out with an L&N PS 2600 covered hopper by Athearn and turned it into this very dirty and rusty CSXT covered Hopper. Tell me what you think. Thanks everybody. Lighting isn't so good forgive me for this.
  3. D

Newest Project

Hello Everyone. Just thought i would let you in on my upcoming project. I am going to be Custom Building 2 Norfolk Southern GP59's. I know there are only 30 or so of these units and NS has all of them. I am going to be building 4624 For myself and 4641 The Operation Lifesaver unit probably to go...
  4. D

Ditch lights...

I am looking to add ditch lights to a model that doesn't already have the *fake* ditch lights on it such as the Athearn Dash 9's or AC4400's. A locomotive such as a GP40-2 just like in the image below. How do you go about doing this? i mean you really only have one chance to drill the holes.
  5. D

Everyone post a picture of your best Weathering!!

Post a picture(s) of you best weathering job! i wanna see my fellow model railroaders work.
  6. D

New weathered car (need opinion!)

I weathered this car over the past week. I am very critical of my own work and would like your opinion. The first picture will be the before the weathering process took place if anyone has any questions about my weathering techniques or how i acheived this look feel free to ask i will give you...
  7. D

GP40-2 With DCC and Sound For sale

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Athearn-GP40-2-W-Tsunami-Sound-EMD-645-6901-/251021421559?pt=Model_RR_Trains&hash=item3a720aebf7
  8. D

First attempt with airbrush paints

I still need to add graffitti and repaint the hatches on top but here it is. Let me know what you think,
  9. D

How do you take apart athearn gp40-2?

How do you take apart athearn gp40-2?
  10. D

Where do i start?

I went to the hobby shop today and picked up all the parts i need to build a modern day CSX GP30 i dont want to make this into a road slug and i will obviously be painting it in Yn2 paint scheme. If anyone could help. This is my first custom build.
  11. D

Need Help!!

I have never been very good at wiring or anything like that but i have several locomotives i would like to super detail which i've done before and i know how to do except for one factor which is "DITCH LIGHTS" I need help learning how to install ditch lights weather they are surface mount or...
  12. D

Need Pictures for weathering ideas

I need some pictures for weathering specifically for 2 bay hopper cars in Ex. MKT any picture of a 2 bay will work but if you can find them for a MKT that would be very much appreciated. Thank you:]:o
  13. D

Quick little project.

http://s1110.photobucket.com/albums/h452/CSX1123/ The project is the EngleHard Hopper.
  14. D

Scenery question?

I need help i'm planning on starting my scenery in the next few weeks and it is my first time. i'm gonna do an autumn theme and i need to know what ground cover colors to use?
  15. D

Custom detailing Athearn AC4400

I Recently purchased an athearn rtr ac4400 quick plug dcc and after opening this model i noticed how low the detail was. i am new at this and have never added details to a loco before. i want add working ditch lights to this model and i have no idea what im doing could someone please point me in...

Back