Search results

1. B

Availability

Hey guys. It's seems like most online shop have low to no stock on a lot of locos and rolling stock. I understand most hobby products are batch produce, but it seems like currently no one has much of anything. Is there a better time of year to shop? or is it just get it when you can?....:confused:
  2. B

Best Track

I'm looking for opinions on the best track to use on my small industrial switching layout. I'm leaning towards Shinohara Cade 70 flex and turnouts at the moment but I'm curious about others experience with other brands...Thanks.
  3. B

Non-insulated frog turnouts and DCC

I'm contemplating the purchase of a DCC system in the near future, and have read about problems concerning non-insulated frogs on turnouts causing shorts. My small 5X10 foot layout has a mixture of Atlas and Shinohara turnouts. It was begun by my father and myself probably 12-14 years ago, and...
  4. B

Decoder question....

I'm considering using DCC on my layout.....The system I'm thinking of using is the Digitrax Zephyr. Can anyone better describe isolating the motor in a non-DCC ready locomotive?....I understand the why, but the how has me a bit puzzled.....Thanks....:)
  5. B

Wiring Problem.....Sorta....

In my basement, I have a nice little layout that my Father and I had been building before he passed away in 2003, and since then I have been trying to figure out exactly how he had planned on wiring it. I did most all of the soldering work under the table, and all the feeders are run to terminal...

Back