Search results

1. Soo

Watsonville junction

I just found this thread!. Must say the work is truly outstanding!. Everything is top notch. Very well done. I am going to bookmark this so I can keep up. Adios, wyatt
  2. Soo

Milwaukee Bandit MP15AC, why bandit?

Like a previous poster stated it is because of the paint patches. When the SOO bought the Milw, they applied this paint job to various locos,, such as gp-40, gp 38-2,, sd10, sd 40-2 if you want to do your own,, Highball graphics makes the bandit decals for such locos. Adios Wyat
  3. Soo

soldering flextrack

Everyone has good ideas,,, The way that Rico describes is the way I do it. I ALWAYS make sure my soldered joints are straight, flat, and rails lined up before I do anything. The more time you take in doing this right, the less time you will be picking up derailments. Adios Wyatt
  4. Soo

switching wheel sets trucks etc

They are companies out there that offer replacement wheelsets. Such as, Intermountain, Fox valley models, atlas, Mirco trains. Yes it is true that you can not run the older ( legacy) rolling stock on the Atlas cd55. In my opinion that is not the tracks fault,, just things change and get...
  5. Soo

My Milwaukee Road Riverline Division Future Layout

Speaking as someone who has worked on a layout with access hatches,,,, they are a RPA.. royal pain in the arse. But hey,, your layout,, your carpentry skills,,, your holes when your belly gets rounder as u get older. What is the benchmark elev??? Adios Wyatt
  6. Soo

My Milwaukee Road Riverline Division Future Layout

Steve,, is the scale true??? So the yard/industry area is 7' wide???? Either you are super tall, have reallllllllllly long arms,,,,, or just plain lucky when it comes to magnetic uncoupling and no derailments. Maybe it is 6" grid ,, which would make the area 3'-6" wide. Anyways,wish I...
  7. Soo

New design for the N scale WBTR, courtesy of Lt.Col Tony Hammes

Jim,, the circle is a helix heading down to staging. The checkerboard thing is a elevator complex,,, if you look at the 3d,, you can see the circle spiraling down,, and the tall gray looking thingy is the elevator... Mind you I am no where near being complete,,, the yard , is just some...
  8. Soo

Here is what I have so far,,,,,,, I have changed some things from the original paper and pencil drawing. I put some more industry in,, created a backdrop to divide the penisula,, and moved of the helices. Here is a 3d rendering.. Well there you have it,,,I can send anyone...
  9. Soo

Jim,,, I am not going with the 3 level layout, too much maintence required. Would be nice,, but just tooooooooooo much RR fer me. Unless I could build it in a clean room, with the track not ever getting dirty. I am opting for the hand drawn plan,, I am converting it now to an actual...
  10. Soo

For a awhile now I have been stuck with trying to come up with a plan. I really have not been going to all fourms,, just mainly hangin out at the trainboard. Over there I met Mike Collier,, he drew up a massive under taking of a 3 level n scale empire,, that required about 150 turnouts...
  11. Soo

Back after unwanted break w/ Track cleaning tip

Howdy all!!!! For real dirty rail, I use a track cleaning block first. As for the Brasso,,,, man I hate that stuff, used it enough in shinning my collar brass and other badges in the Army.LOL I use a metal polish product called ,, Flitz. Works real well with me,,, but I tend to use alot of...
  12. Soo

the club I just joined...and my newest loco...

Yup, sure can tell you in a AVN Bn........... LOL... Actaully I am 8 miles north of the club, right on I-35.. Scale does not matter, just people to hang with, drink beer and work on trains. Adios Wyatt
  13. Soo

the club I just joined...and my newest loco...

Centra-mod,,,,,, what a small world,,,,,I am not a offical member, but I do know a couple of guys from the N scale side,, seeing as I work at Caterpillar in Waco on 3rds.. I don't show up. You guys here in Tx,, I am going to need help building a large 3 level layout in a garage,,,, so drop...
  14. Soo

A new design !!!!!

I guess it is the shock and awe factor,,,LOL. Any one in texas want to help??? Adios Wyatt
  15. Soo

A new design !!!!!

A design I was looking for,, and a new design is what I got.lol The drawings are done by Mike Collier. I can not take credit for those. But the ideas are a joint venture between Mike and I. A little backround..... Finally the land manager, gave me right to the complete garage, as...
  16. Soo

New work on the WBTR/SOO version 2.0

Howdy all!!!!! Thanx for the kind words and comments. Josh,,, I stumbled across that paint,, I was using it for my trees befoe ground foam,,, found out it works good for track,,, they also make a lighter brown, I am going to try that to see if it works. Indy,,,, us SOO fans have to stick...
  17. Soo

New work on the WBTR/SOO version 2.0

Howdy all!! I am finally able to start work on the new version of the WBTR/ SOO. I am going with Atlas cd 55 track,,,, I also am going to start to hand lay most of the turnouts. I bought the pre made ones to get a jump start. These pics portray my main industrial area on the new...
  18. Soo

Weekend Photo Fun 8/11/06-8/13/06

You guys are wayyyyyyyy too kind.LOL MLW,,,,, That scene reminds me when I worked the CNW in Chicago. Looks most like what the Illinios Central Gulf called the " St Charles Air Line" Which was elevated and non-elevated trackage that ran thru,around, under downtown Chicago down to the lake...
  19. Soo

Weekend Photo Fun 8/11/06-8/13/06

Howdy all. While sitting on my butt I decided to ATTEMPT to weather a N scale loco I had. There are folks out there that make works of art doing this,,, I am not one of them. Well adios for now,,,,, Wyatt
  20. Soo

DCC systems...

After reading all the love for Digitrax, and other systems. I will have to say that CVP EASY DCC is what I use. I have started to program momentum and braking functions and speeds, custom speed tables to run my locos in a lash up. As for wireless, CVP offers the only true wireless throttle...

Back