Search results

1. C

small layout scenery

thanks for the warning and thanks for the advice... i dont think that ive ever heard of how to get the caulk to seperate before
  2. C

small layout scenery

a few more good questions... what type of adhesive is recommended for foam to plastic and foam to foam bonding? i was thinking of using rubber cement so can someone please warn me if that isnt going to work or if it will eat through the foam and from the same train of thought, what should i...
  3. C

small layout scenery

the site that you mentioned is one of my favorite model railroading sites and that is where i got alot of the ideas for my layout from
  4. C

small layout scenery

the containers are 30 in by about 6 in rectangles that are normally used to hold planters ... once i get my camera and software working i will hopefully get some pictures that i can attach to this thread
  5. C

small layout scenery

I have finally started a layout... a very, very small layout, and I'm wondering what the best way is to make the scenery. I started by trying to use sheet cork but the cork I found is too thin to work in the containers that I intend to build the layout in and the 2" foam is too thick for the...
  6. C

first layout for a beginner

the site that you suggested is actually one that i like to go to for ideas and i have been trying to design a micro layout but every time i think i have my track plan i go back and try to add more operation. also to answer some of the questions posted by Beachbum, it will be a model...
  7. C

first layout for a beginner

Ive never built a layout before and right now Im trying to figure out where and how to start. I will be using KATO sectional track in n scale and would like to make the layout as small and portable as possible. any suggestions?
  8. C

Whats your favorite peice of railroad equipment?

also i am still trying to figure out all of the model railroading terms and i am also still young so please take it easy on me if i post something stupid or incorrect
  9. C

Whats your favorite peice of railroad equipment?

this is my first post on this site and i just have to answer this question... my favorite piece of prototype equipment is probably the grand trunk line car ferries that were used in the great lakes, this is because i happen to be interested in ships as well but if that doesnt count as...

Back