Search results

1. C

Stupid Kato SD70MAC question: how do I disassemble it?

Now, I have my SD70MAC, made by Kato, and a Lenz Silver Direkt DCC decoder to go into it. I don´t want to take it apart again after all the grabirons and handrails have been installed, but alas: I can´t seem to be able to open the %$§/&!§ thing. According to the instruction manual, I´m...
  2. C

SD70MAC - Kato or Athearn Genesis (revisited)

Hi there, a friend and I both wanted to buy a SD70MAC engine; she wanted a BN, I wanted a BNSF heritage unit. Although I like (and have on my roster) Athearn Genesis models, I went for Kato, as they seem to have the better plastic material, and a decent drivetrain. My friend went for Athearn...
  3. C

Athearn Genesis UP SD60M prototypically correct?

Hi, as I´m modelling the contemporary UP, I´m planning to add an SD60M to my roster, made by Athearn Genesis. Before I buy the model, I´d want to make sure that it is a prototypically correct rendition of a UP engine, rather than some repaint of a BNSF prototype. Can anybody who knows the...
  4. C

I know what you did last summer.

Visit Seelze depot and switchyard´s 100th anniversary show. Seelze is about two miles away from my home, and it had been built between 1906 and 1909 to help shunt freight cars around the Hannover area. Today, ca. 5,000 freight cars are moved here, making it one of Germany´s biggest...
  5. C

Question regarding BN engines utilized by Union Pacific.

Hi there, I´d like to ask the following question: does the UP ever use BN units alongside their own engines? The background is: I like the SD70MAC in BN´s Executive paint scheme, but I model UP. I might want a Kato or Athearn Genesis unit and MU it with some UP units. Thanks for your...

Back