Search results

1. K

Protosounds vs Trainsounds vs Railsounds

A sound question for the experts ... ;) My only sound-equipped tender is my Lionel Trainsounds tender (O scale) so I don't know what the differences are between the different systems. I've spent a lot of time on youtube where I can actually get to listen to the different systems. Right...
  2. K

Lionel 4-4-0 General tender

Thanks Nick! I had a lot of fun making those. I've had to ignore my carpet railroad for a bit lately. Well, ignore isn't the right word. "Try not to step on it" as I go about my day is more like it! The carpet railroad actually grew a bit since Christmas because I can't bring myself to put...
  3. K

Thanks, I'm just making do with what I have! "Carpet Central RR" is odd, but has a certain ring to it. ;) Oh no, the Toys R Us and Walmart here in Ontario don't have any such thing in them - and that's probably a good thing! ;) I purchased it online, not from eBay, after much comparison...
  4. K

Thanks Willis! Sorry about that - I think my very first posting probably went to the spam folder as well since I included the same link in it. I definitely don't have the space for a permanent layout. I'm in awe of other peoples' amazing layouts. So for now I just enjoy running the trains...
  5. K

Thanks for the welcome, Jim. Yes, it is the old time General 4-4-0, but it wasn't purchased as part of a set, it was just the locomotive and tender on it's own. The tender has North Pole Central on it. Purchased last year. I don't have any still photos of it close at hand, but you can see it...
  6. K

Hi there, I introduced myself in the Welcome new members! thread but I can't seem to find my post there. However, I also asked a question there which is probably better suited to this section (yeah, I'm a newbie!) :rolleyes:. I was wondering if there's a sound-equipped tender which would...

Back