Search results

1. G

Weekly Photo Fun 1-1/1-7

Excellent job on the Planner, looks like the one I ran at South Bend Lathe many moons ago, except the belts were a darker dirty Brown leather, love the trail of way oil and cutting oil in the way trough, and the coloring overall, I Scratch built a 82" Bullard in HO scale some time back but...
  2. G

Atlas' GP40-2w pics are up...

If any one hasn't seen a correct GMDD cab in model form, check out this link http://sites.google.com/a/railflyermodelprototypes.com/building-resources/model-kits/gmdd-wide-cab---north-american-safety-cab There was a mistake on the window gaskets radius but this has been corrected and if anyone...
  3. G

What do you use for glue?

CyanoPoxy is a little pricey for the starter kit but it keeps in the freezer just let it warm up to room temp before using it, I had my CyanoPoxy for 4 years now. There are a couple other brands out there like C-Pox same stuff but in my opinion not as strong but it is a little cheaper, also...
  4. G

Cyanoacrylate= Super Glue
  5. G

It is an illusion, I work for CN and have measured all these classes of units and they are the same give or take a 1/2 inch, the color of the faded and being in the sun makes the cab look longer than the shadowed 9401.
  6. G

Sorry but that way of thinking is what is driving this world down the toilet, "I'll just settle on it being wrong" then the next time what price are we willing to pay for it the next time when it's a lot more wrong like the Intermountain SD40-2W, but everyone is so quick to bash Railflyer Models...
  7. G

Project for GP-40 CN

Also I would use the Railflyer bell instead of the MBE one, grabirons from Railflyer, cab awnings from Railflyer, cab steps railflyer he has the correct canadian open grate style ones.
  8. G

Project for GP-40 CN

Head light (Railflyer), Sinclair Antenna (Railflyer), Steps (Railflyer), you might run into a problem with the class lights on installing them above the numberboards because no one makes the correct GMDD spartan cab yet, Chris from RFMP will soon, but the problem from Atlas-Athearn-Kato-P2K- and...
  9. G

couplers

I for one use Sergent Engineering Scale couplers, I have over 900 cars equipped with them and some people say they have been able to get Kadee #58's to work with them but I don't recommend this practice because this has a tendency to force the couplers to the side and when going through a tight...
  10. G

What do you do for a living?

Hogger for the GTW
  11. G

I only use CyanoPoxy on the Pilot plate to the plastic frame module and the Steps to the Plastic Frame module and the bolster/jack pad assembly to the frame, for the frame sills I use the MEK/Barge mix because it is flexible to allow the frame to flex also all the walkway tread plate I attach...

Back