Search results

1. MudbugnTX

Model Power officially out of business

Sad indeed. The problem the banks and lenders have created makes it extremely hard for companies like this to stay afloat. We can only hope that another company will buy the molds and plans from them to keep some of the lines going. I think it would take a company like Walthers or Horizon to do...
  2. MudbugnTX

metal wheels

If you get the truck tuner and run it on all the wheelsets I bet you will pull 12 cars. Change all the couplers to Kadee and forget about disconnects. We use Intermountain wheelsets at our club and have great success. I have no problem pulling over 50 cars with my 6 axle modern diesels. A couple...
  3. MudbugnTX

HO scale DCC track cleaning car

I would be hesitant to use a dry pad. I have no idea how abrasive the pad is but you do not want to scratch the track. You want the top of the rail smooth as possible. This is why I just paid the price and bought the CMX. You have a needle valve and can control the flow of liquid. Since the car...
  4. MudbugnTX

HO Farm Equipment

This is similar to what I am looking for. Some of them I have found. They do not have to be exact but you get the idea from the photos. The grain cart, semi grain trailer and the disk harrow are what I am having trouble locating. Lonestar models makes the grain trailer and truck but they have...
  5. MudbugnTX

HO Farm Equipment

Sorry for the confusion Gary. I do not model anything with 1/64 scale. I was saying that is what is in most of the stores like Tractor Supply. I only model 1/87 scale.
  6. MudbugnTX

HO Farm Equipment

Thanks everyone for the replies. I am actually wanting to model a modern Rice Farming Operation. The hardest thing to find at the moment is grain carts for tractors and grain trailers for semi trucks. Everyone seems to model those in 1/64 scale. I also looked at Tractor Supply and those are also...
  7. MudbugnTX

HO Farm Equipment

Where does everyone get their HO farm equipment? I'm talking about tractors, combines, plows and grain carts.
  8. MudbugnTX

Decoder for Atlas Genset

We have 4 of these in our club that have been running for three years with no problems. We have lost some decoders on locos of all brands but generally it was do to improper wiring or routing of wires under the shell or someone at one time decided to throw a darn DC pack on the mainline while...
  9. MudbugnTX

Model train show this weekend Houston, Texas

Once again it's time for World's Greatest Hobby on Tour Look for Northwest Crossing Model Railroad club. That's where I will be. Our module sizes this year: Northwest Crossing Model Railroad Club-HO 16x54 HO Northwest Crossing Model Railroad Club-N 34x60 N info: go here and click...
  10. MudbugnTX

Decoder for Atlas Genset

Well, I found the decoder the the Atlas Gensets. Brand: MRC Item # 0001916 http://www.modelrectifier.com/search/product-view.asp?ID=13021 They have changed the speaker design and added an oval one that drops right into the rear weight. The weight has a small square hole at the top and you can...
  11. MudbugnTX

HO scale DCC track cleaning car

Go with a CMX. You will not be sorry. We have three of them at our club.
  12. MudbugnTX

Tsunami Program track booster question.

Carey, would you mind showing a picture of your wiring and setup. I may be interested in hooking one of these up to my pr3 also.
  13. MudbugnTX

Decoder for Atlas Genset

What decoders both sound and non sound have any of you installed in an Atlas HO scale Trainman plus NRE Genset? Any help would be appreciated. I hear mixed reviews from both Sound not being any good in the sound models to the decoders burning out the ditchlights. Thanks for any help.
  14. MudbugnTX

Remove decoder to run DC

Most new DCC locos will run on DC also. Check the manual to see if the decoder is auto switching.
  15. MudbugnTX

Home layout design using Free-mo

I want to setup a modular style railroad at home in my spare room. I have been thinking about Free-mo instead of the standard NMRA Modules. My reasons are pretty simple. 1. I do not want to be stuck to a continuous loop around the outside of the modules. (NMRA Style) 2. I want flexibility...
  16. MudbugnTX

HO Hand laid track and turnouts

I'm looking for anyone who hand lays their own track and turnouts to chime on on this one. I have been thinking about laying my own track and turnouts. After looking at a few sites and talking with guys in my club, I am still alittle lost on supplies and templates. Where do most of you get your...
  17. MudbugnTX

New to the Hobby. Looking to start collecting.

Go to this link from Atlas. It will explain the radius for you. http://www.atlasrr.com/layoutfaq.htm 18 is minimum for HO but if you want to play it safe go with 22. HO is not really the standard. It is the most popular scale today. N scale is great if you do not have the room for HO or O...
  18. MudbugnTX

Best Hobby Shops on the Web

Digital Train Works Try Digital Train Works if you need DCC items. I have bought from them at shows and also online. They are great to deal with and have awesome customer support. I bought a train from them and after I opened the box, realized the train was broken. I shot them an email with a...
  19. MudbugnTX

New to the Hobby. Looking to start collecting.

Glad you decided to try the hobby. Welcome aboard. For detail you could try Bachmann Spectrum, Broadway Limited Blueline, Proto 2000, Rivarossi, MTH, KATO, and Atlas just to name a few. I have experience with Spectrum, Proto 2000 and Broadway Limited Blueline. I have an AC6000 Broadway Limited...
  20. MudbugnTX

Question about sound/ price differences

nsconductor, this is a matter of sells volume. Ebay sells are exactly that. Just sells with no service. They buy in higher volume than most local hobby shops so the price can be cheaper. The key to online sells and local is determining the shipping price plus the item as opposed to the local...

Back