Search results

1. Neopuron

New layout

Ok so, son got to play on the dual oval on the 4x8 for a few weeks now. I had fun building it, and got my feet wet enough to dive in and take it to the next level. I mentioned the words bigger and hes all about it! So am I! I expanded the table from 4'x8' to 6' 1"x8' (73"x96") Anyway...
  2. Neopuron

AnyRail (Trial Version) numbers are off

So yeah, started laying some track tonight; got the mainline down. And hrmmm, pieces are not fitting like they did in the wonderful software diagram. I even went so far as to pin all the snap track pieces in place, make each of them nice and flush and still fall short under a inch on both...
  3. Neopuron

To solder or not to solder the tracks

I was drooling at the idea of soldering all my track joiners together and putting a power feeder on each section of track I am using, (flex or sectional). After researching it a bit more, this is what I noticed; some of the older guys are giving great warnings about doing that. Basically...
  4. Neopuron

Track Bed Foam vs Cork

I've been searching through the forum here and haven't been able to find a lot of information about the Woodland Scenics foam trackbed. Is this stuff if fairly new, hasn't seen much use, or really inst a good idea? Most posts I come across about the trackbed is cork, cork, and more cork...
  5. Neopuron

Layout draft for small room

So using my free version of AnyRail (track limit on the free version) I put together a little draft of what I will start to build tomorrow. Again the room is limited with space. Basically got a 8x8 room to play with. The room is a little bigger then 8x8, but not by much. The draft here is...
  6. Neopuron

Think I found a RR to model

So in looking around last night I came across The Richmond Fredericksburg & Potomac. It's a older rail line that isn't in service anymore, now part of CSX. I am ok with the paint scheme and I think it may be a little easier to model after something that is local, or was. It also has some serious...
  7. Neopuron

Looking at DCC for future use

Ive been trying to read up on all the DCC info I could find online. Seems to be alot of it out there! In the end I am still a little clueless to what in fact I should be looking for. :confused: Ive always used DC in the past. The big selling point here for me to look at DCC is the ability for...
  8. Neopuron

New engine advice

OK as my second post :-) I took a inventory of all my old engines. Fired them all to up and oddly enough they are all still running. Some better then others. :( Conrail 7752 GP-38 Unknown maker Con-Cor maybe? Pennsylvania 8791 (Engine may have never existed) Unknown maker; first engine I...

Back