Search results

1. iomalley

Does anyone do spin casting? (brass or pewter)

I'm looking for a spin caster that can do a rather large quantity (50 or so) of locomotive chassis. I talked to Guil at TV Models today, and he's retired from that business. He threw out the names Greenway Brass and Bowser, but before I approach them, would rather put the money in a...
  2. iomalley

Anybody know what happened to Sunrise Enterprises?

Anybody know what happened to Sunrise Enterprises? I found there website, knowing I can buy certain HO details for upcoming projects, but I couldn't negotiate past the welcome page saying: "All previous orders have been discontinued due to the time involved in many of those orders placed...
  3. iomalley

Where do I find decent index drill bits!!!

Lately I've been at a loss to find decent index drill bits, especially #80, 79, & 78! The quality has been terrible, some won't push thru the softest resin or plastic, and the odd bulk one from my LHS actually bends 90 deg!!! :mad: When I used to visit Guil Mack from Tiger Valley models his...
  4. iomalley

Via f40ph-2

Been working on a VIA F40PH-2 over the holidays. Man, they are a BIG job! You wouldn't think to look at them, but there are subtle mods that differ from the Amtrak units that can't be faked, like... - The engine access door is moved back one panel - The airbrake access doors (under the...
  5. iomalley

Atlas' GP40-2w pics are up...

Here's pics of Atlas' upcoming GP40-2(w)s.... http://forum.atlasrr.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=57525 nose length, although everyone was bitching about it, (they even pushed off the release date) still remains, TOO LONG! along with IM's widecab SDs...IMO another...
  6. iomalley

Show us your caboose!

Punctuate the end of your train! Show us your best!
  7. iomalley

HO Walther's new run of F40PHs...opinions?

I've heard that HO Walther's new run of F40PHs are smoother and quieter running. Is this true? Does anyone have one and an opinion on it? I've been commissioned to build a VIA F40ph-2, and I'm building it detailed to the 9's and don't want a "vagabond in a tuxedo" :)
  8. iomalley

What is your age?

Don't worry, this is just a poll to see the age demographics of the usership.
  9. iomalley

Building prototype models using cheap toys...

Hello all. Have any of you built prototype-realism models using toylike base models? What comes to mind is the Lifelike 'hi roof' boxcar as they call it being a excellent basis for the Penn Central X72 boxcar. I build a fleet of Conrail and PC X72s using 'Good Humor' Lifelike popsicle...
  10. iomalley

check this out!!

1/6 scale chevy engine.... http://www.moyermade.com/chevyV8.html
  11. iomalley

Some CN units from my collection...

I notice alot of CN custom work on the forum, so I thought I might add some pics for 'inspiration'....actually I'm just showin' off...:p :D
  12. iomalley

Some of my weirder projects...

Some of my projects... Some of my weirder projects...all of which sold on Ebay
  13. iomalley

Intermountain HO scale CNR SD40-2w

Here's pre-production pics of Intermountain's HO scale CNR SD40-2w: http://forum.atlasrr.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=56907 :mad::mad:brutal! porthole windows, RPP quality tooling, sloping nose, looks like the N scale one blown up to HO... All I can say is...

Back