Search results

1. Yard_Duty

Strange spur track.

I'm scoping out part of the Aberdeen Carolina and Western railway as a possible line to model, and I came across a spur track that leads right into the middle of an electrical substaion. Any ideas as to why? Unfortunately there are no cars spotted in the photo, and I see know real loading /...
  2. Yard_Duty

A quick sneak peek at what I'm working on...

Some of you may recognize it. I think it's pretty well known. Here is the prototype. . . . .
  3. Yard_Duty

What's the deal with weatheringsolutions.net?

I keep seeing advertisements for this site, particularly in Model Railroad Hobbyist. But I get some domain manager when I click on the links... Anyone know anything about this site?
  4. Yard_Duty

Copyright question

Since copyright infringement issues have become much more prevalent in recent years, I have a question I was wondering about. Occasionally, I weather/detail locomotives and rolling stock to match prototype photos and place them on ebay to make a little extra money. Now, if I add the prototype...
  5. Yard_Duty

2nd attempt...

Hey everyone. Just finished weathering my second piece of equipment. 1st you may remember was the CSX gp40-2. Anyway thought I'd show some pics. I also have a youtube clip of it because my photos never seem to be good to me... The Clip
  6. Yard_Duty

Jan. 1990 Model Railroader

I am looking for an article that was in this issue. I seem to have lost 1990 in moving, and was wondering if anyone has it that is willing to scan the article on the Beaufort and morehead Rwy? Thanks in advance!
  7. Yard_Duty

Finally!! Progress!! ...Well, sort of...

Finally!! Progress!! ...Well, sort of... Update 3/16/10 I finished wiring the layout room today, and I decided to do a quick lighting test. I secured a 2ft deep board to the wall at 48" from the floor. I was making sure my "no shadows" calculations were correct. I went with recessed...
  8. Yard_Duty

Drawing board, I'm back!!!

Well, as my layout room comes ever closer to completeness, I've been doing some SERIOUS research in layout building and soul searching as to what exactly I want out of my railroad. I love big-time AC traction mountain railroading. But, I also love switching local industry with a purpose. (you...
  9. Yard_Duty

First attempt at detailing / weathering.

Hey guys, I just uploaded a video to youtube of a loco i just finished. (pics all came out crappy) If you want to take a look and see what you think. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLBamIfZM2E
  10. Yard_Duty

The finger???

This is a screen capture from a youtube video of a young man who loves trains. He films them quite often and is very enthusiastic about it. He sits at this location quite often. I say she's a (^%$* and gives everyone at CSX a bad name. You be the judge. What's she look like shes doing to you?
  11. Yard_Duty

Help me fill in a blank! (please)

So I've picked out a track plan, (I think) for my layout. I found it in MRP 2009. It was 6X15 originally, but I split it to fit around the walls of my layout room. Laugh all you want, but I can't for the life of me figure out what to do with the extra space. I know what I want, (Metal...
  12. Yard_Duty

Ever wonder?

I've been reading Model Railroader for years now. Since I was a kid, and I've had my share of tabletop "green board" layouts, (My mom even came home from work one evening to an extensive rail network around her kitchen on the counter tops! ...Thanks again, Dad!) but I've just never been able to...

Back