Search results

1. S

Athearn AMD-103 Sound Decoder

Greetings to the Board! I have recently purchased a pair of Athearn Collectible AMD-103's. New in the box, not run at all (except for Athearn breakin). I'd like to run sound, but that is the issue. On Soundtraxx site and what I've read it looks like two different decoders work. The 828038...
  2. S

Repowering a Life Like BL2

Greetings to the Board! I've gotten myself into a pickle. But short story is: I have a Life Like BL2. Still has original open frame motor and standard lights. I has cracked axles and I'm ready to fix that. My question is, I'd like to repower this loco with a can motor, but I'm confused...
  3. S

Athearn Genesis SD75M Lighting Question

Greetings to the board! I am finally getting around to fixing broken locomotives. My current project (guess I should post pictures) is an Athearn Genesis SD75M, Warbonnet type, 8270. I did some research and found out that the reason my loco ran terrible is that the trucks were warped. I...
  4. S

Painting White

Greetings to the Board! I'm having issues and I thought what better place to ask questions, than this forum. This is my first foray into painting, so.... I'm learning as I go. I have several Athearn GP-XX shells I prepped and am in the process of painting. I did the strip all the old paint...
  5. S

Placement & Numbers of speakers

Greetings to the Board! I'm running a Proto 2000 E6A and E6B unit. The A unit is powered, the B is not. I've installed a Tsunami decoder, speaker and done the wiring, but it's still really tight to put the shell back on the frame. In fact it doesn't fit. In reviewing the frame, I don't...
  6. S

Soundtraxx SDN144PS

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with these? I know they are fairly new, but I'm eyeing them to possibly put into a P2K GP38-2. Scott (thanks, it is Digitrax not Soundtraxx!)
  7. S

GP38-2 (install sound) or go to GP40-2

Just looking for some feedback. I'm working on 2 Proto GP38-2's. I've placed Atlas trucks on them, changed drive shafts, cleaned them up a bunch and was wondering about sound. they have Digitrax DH163L0 in them. I know I have to change the decoder. But I've read a far amount of items saying...
  8. S

Older Athearn SW7 questions

Greetings from Hampton Roads VA (Virginia Beach). I'm getting back into model railroading, (long story, oldest son moved, took trains, grew up, has son, that sort of thing) (Also, found this forum by Google and this is first post) I have looked through the house and found an old Athearn SW7...

Back