Search results

1. R

Help with layout design

Unfortunately, my last plans for a model railroad have been downsized. With the fortunate event of my decision to build a new desk in my room (It's about to collapse), I realized I could put a nice little N Scale layout above my monitor at 56" tall. So far, my design attempts have been having...
  2. R

The West Virginian, it's like the Virginian, but West

Hooray! And so this long project begins. I will use the first post to talk about the story of how I was so lucky to get a tad larger than a 9' x 9' room: When I outgrew my twin-sized bed, I was lucky to get to move on up to the newest bed in the house (trust me, this is important to the...
  3. R

Which DCC System?

I'm in the process of designing my layout, the West Virginian. I realize that sooner or later that I will need to get a DCC system. I have come up with a conclusion of getting either the Lenz Set 100, the NCE power cab, or the NCE 5 amp powerhouse pro. I know a lot of people like the NCE stuff...
  4. R

Modeling your local area

I live in north Texas and it is flat as can be here. I personally hate where I live if I was to model it because the idea of the flat Texas planes. I would like to model the Rio Grande Railway after I finish my first layout and I might be able to find some space to place the layout. Anyways, how...
  5. R

Size of the Gorre and Daphetid

The original first gorre and daphetid size is something like 3' 7" x 6' 8". Then, John Allen modified the track plan so that the turntable was outside of the loop. I was wondering that after this modification, was the size 3' 7" x 6' 8", or was it bigger, and if so, then what is the modified...
  6. R

My first

I am building a gorre and daphetid as my first layout with track lans i found. I have a bunch of atlas pre-cut rail left over from a previous project that i am now done with. Just about all of it is out of the packaging and i have decided that the best thing to use is flex-track. What would you...
  7. R

Is Kato analog?

I would like to buy a kato set but I don't know if the locomotives are analog. The controller that comes with it is analog so is it? And will I have to install a decoder. If so could someone post links on DIY pages.

Back