Search results

1. C

P2K gp-9 wrong direction

Hey guys. I converted a p2k gp-9 to dcc. I installed a digitrax dh-123. now the loco goes backward when forward direction is selected on the dt-400. I doubled checked wiring, orange wire to top of motor, gray to bottom. both trucks to red wire and black to ground. Tried changing cv-29 to 7. When...
  2. C

Weathering videos

The weathering you guys do is very impressive, Can anybody recommend some youtube videos on weathering. I know there are a ton of them, but weeding thru them is tedious. Also, at 58 years old the old fart in me has a hard time taking advice from 12 year olds. If any of you have a youtube video I...
  3. C

manufacture date

Hello. Is there a manfacture's date or code that's put on the box to tell when the model is built. By that I mean when you go to a hobby show and a dealer has a selection of locos, athearn, atlas, so on, when that model run was made. Like what year was a Athearn genesis sd-70 was made. last...
  4. C

Remotor blue box

:)Not sure if this should go here or in dcc section. After converting a Blue box gp-50 to dcc and a older Atlas alco c 424 with a japan built kato motor to dcc, I am now feeling ambitious. I have a older life like motor from a failed gp-18 conversion and want to put it in a older Athearn bb...
  5. C

Stripping wires

What do you guys do to strip small wires. Been converting a athearn blue box to dcc and been trying to prep the wires of a digitrax harness. Tried using a small wire stripper from the shack but still have trouble trying to strip the ends.:mad: Also tried using a x-acto knife and was wondering if...
  6. C

NS and UP

Quistion for the guys who model Norfork Southern and Union Pacific, What is considered mainline and road switcher loco's now. I model 50's to 60's mostly NKP but now I thought I would go present day. Is there such a thing as a road switcher now. Right now I have a NS sd-70, sd-45-2 sd-60m,dash...
  7. C

Genesis lighting

My first attempt at soldering a digitrax dh165ao decoder in an genesis sd-70. I have power to loco but no lights. Hooked up rear to f0r and f0r+. Front lights to f0r and f0r+. There are 4 wires coming from the ditch lights, took one wire to f1+ another to f2+. there looks like two wires that...
  8. C

Prototype speeds

Not knowing anything about real trains, Trying to set up speed steps for my locos. Programing speed steps for switchers, do they have quicker start speeds and stopping. Should I set lower deceleration than a road loco? This is for ho scale. Anybody out there that run the real things? Only thing...
  9. C

Speed Steps AAARRGHH

Ok, Trying to get my feeble mind around this. I have a Digitrax Super Empire Builder with the dt400 throttle. When you turn the knob one klick, is that speed step one? Two klicks 2, three klicks 3 and so on. If loco does not move untill 18, then what needs to be adjusted to move at speed step...
  10. C

Genesis Tsunami

Hello, I have some dcc decoders questions. I picked up an Athearn Genesis SD-70ace with tsunami sound. One of the effects is engine shutdown. But i don't see it in the function assignments. I checked the Tsunami cv guide and didn't see anything. Am i missing something? Also Trying to speed match...
  11. C

lifelike p2k to dcc

Hi. I posted a few days ago in the locomotive section about dealing with a older p2k. Long story long, I had to rewire the motor when the wiring fell apart in removing the motor from the frame. Decided to hook up a digitrak harness following an athearn bb hardwire. Orange lead to top of motor...
  12. C

lifelike p2k gp18

Hello:D trying to take apart a lifelike p2k gp18 to fix gears. Got the gears from the bottom of the trucks out,but would like to take the trucks out and clean them. Problem, how does the weight come out. Is it pressed fit in or something. I can't get it out to remove the trucks. Anyone ever done...
  13. C

Flopping on side

:mad: Help. I have a Accuready acf 3-bay covered hopper. It wants to flop over on it's side. It's wants to lean to the right then just roll over like the weight inside is off center. Can it be taken apart? Anybody else had this problem. Picked it up at a hobby show some months ago so just now...
  14. C

status code 28

Hi. First of all I'am a noob at dcc still just trying to wrap my head around it. I picked up a Bachmann E-z command dcc ho gp-30 at a train show. It seemed like the thing to do/ It's a 28 step speed control. I have a Digitrax super empire builder unit. I think I followed the instructions on...
  15. C

Track in brick street

:) Hi. With the layout slowly coming along, Trying to model track running down a brick street. Has anyone done this. trying to model the bricks between the rails. Anyone have any tips. I've seen the walthers track insert but looking to do all brick. Many thanks. CF.
  16. C

Building a town

Trying to plan a small town and what to use as a base for the buildings. Tried the search but no luck. Need to put the buildings on something to model sidewalks and the street. Foamboard? Looking for any tips:)Thanks.
  17. C

help program loco

Help. I have a digitrax super empite builder. I followed the manual on how to select and run a dcc loco. On page 15 it had me put in the default 03, that I did and it worked. along with putting a dc loco on 00. So now I want to program in the dcc loco number of 340. But no luck. I'm not...
  18. C

new to dcc

:)Hello, Getting back into the game again. I'am hooking up my Digitrax Super Empire Builder and it says I need a power supply. I have a older tech 2 locomotion 2500. Will it work? if so, on the back there is variable dc, accesories ac and fixed dc. What one do I hook to? Thanks for any help. CF
  19. C

Roadbed

:)Ok. layout is down and wired for dcc. Hooked up a dc power pack and ran test runs using a dc loco to test power and track. Now laying roadbed using WS foam roadbed. Some years ago I heard about using ho cork roadbed for the main [I have HO scale] but using N-scale cork roadbed for sidings...
  20. C

New Guy

:)Hello. Being a empty nester I am now getting back into the hobby. I just picked up a Digitrax Super Empire Builder and am putting together a 4x16 layout. My question is I have a few [quite a few] older locos like Proto 2000 in the gold and blue box, some Atlas, Walthers, and some Stewart...

Back