Search results

1. M

N gauge track

I really want to run 2 loops, on inside another with the inside one having reverse and sidings etc. Also I would have to sell all my O stuff and start all over And no I won't go with z gauge, Just WAY to small for mr big hands
  2. M

N gauge track

well, for my 027 I am planning to build 40 inch wide by 15 ft long table for my garage. But I thought if ai could get it a LOT smaller I could move it into the house.
  3. M

N gauge track

well. that is not a lot smaller than the 027. I have been figuring on going 027,as I have a bunch of equipment and track, but thought about changing but now think not, Thanks for the info.
  4. M

N gauge track

What is the smallest circle that can be made with N gauge. I want to figure how small table I can use.
  5. M

plywood vs OSB

I've still got some of my first. 3/8 through 5/8 ones but I have lost some over the years. Cheap stuff, doesn't bother me to much if it disasters. Am much of a miser that I am I would lose sleep over losing a Snap on wrench. Only wrenches I have like that I picked up at an auction or some...
  6. M

plywood vs OSB

I was gonna switch my order to plywood, but as tight as I am I think I will stay with OSB. as to what happy rock said about tools, I bought my first set of tools as a off brand cheap stuff, and have used them as a pro mechanic for 59 plus years, andmost are still with me. besides It doesn't...
  7. M

plywood vs OSB

see my reply to mixed freight. And actually that much weight different is important also, as I am disabled and nor very strong.
  8. M

plywood vs OSB

I agree with you, never priced furniture grade, but I can buy 4x8 1/2 inch 4 ply sheeting from Menards for $24, and for my 3 rail O gauge setup it will be just fine. And for a miser like me the price is important. And I think I will stay with OSB as I can buy it for $17, as I am a eal penny...
  9. M

plywood vs OSB

Great, that will answer a lot of questions. Thanks
  10. M

plywood vs OSB

So if I understand you right, after the ballast is properly glued down it alone will hold the track. ?
  11. M

plywood vs OSB

12. M

plywood vs OSB

OK plywood it is. Another ? what is best way to fasten track ( 027 ). to the wood if I don't want to use screws or mails. Glue ? but which one hot glue? Elmers in the ballast? construction type glue???
  13. M

How much ballast

another question. I hear about using Ritz's dye to color stuff, but how much dye to say a quart or even a gallon of water??
  14. M

How much ballast

not an answer to my question. I asked nothing about paint, just ballast i
  15. M

How much ballast

If I am using 3 rail 027 track and have nearly 100 feet of track, how much ballast will I need? In cubic feet or quarts or gallons not lbs
  16. M

plywood vs OSB

Because??? Why over OSB?
  17. M

plywood vs OSB

OK, thanks all. really cleared it up for me
  18. M

plywood vs OSB

Are you referring to MDF or OSB? I wouldn't use MDF after reading up on it, not to mention at my local Menards it costs more than OSB or plywood.
  19. M

plywood vs OSB

I have been figuring to use OSB for my layout, but just read that it is much harder to drive screws into. Although the guy did say MDF was hard not OSB. I am not familiar with MDF, is it just another name for OSB , or another product altogether?
  20. M

balast options

How did you get that color? Size looks like it could work, especially since I am not a purist Just checked it out and Menards has it for under $10 for 50 lbs, so price is certainly good. BUT, is silica sand safe to use for the engines?? I thought I read that was BAD for the gears ec?

Back