Search results

1. AstroKnight187

4x8 HO layout design competition

I challenge you to design a track plan for a 4x8 HO scale layout! The competition will start NOW, and you can design the layout however you want, as long as it meets the specifications below: - 22" Mainline radius curves - Miniumum no. 4 turnout - Continuous mainline running (Loop) I understand...
  2. AstroKnight187

CVs on Walt. Mainline locos

Quick question: what’s the CVs for the bell and horn volume on Walthers Mainlone locomotives? The horn and bell are a bit quiet.
  3. AstroKnight187

Tried weathering 😅

I gave it a try, I think it’s pretty good but I’ll need advice from you guys What do you think? 🤔
  4. AstroKnight187

B&O geep

Is there a geep that was used by Chessie B&O since the 70s all the way to the inception of CSX? If there isn’t anything in the Chessie scheme, standard blue will do. if so, is there a HO scale model of it? I’m looking for something that was used in locals, switching, and main-line use...
  5. AstroKnight187

Chessie locomotives

Did Chessie locos have blue trucks and blue fuel tanks or black trucks and black tanks? This is for a project loco, I want to know if I can use a Chessie shell because it’s equipped with black under the sill and I don’t feel like changing them out with blue ones. If they had blue I will just...
  6. AstroKnight187

The best protection from the floor?

What’s the best protection against dropping stuff on the floor? I can’t use carpet because my area sometimes floods a little (Everything is off the ground, the water doesn’t come up very far; the floors is concaved a slight bit) and the carpet would be ruined. Any ideas?
  7. AstroKnight187

Does anybody know anything about this locomotive

I was snooping about the web for images and info on this loco and I found some things, but I want to know more. Is there an HO scale model of this engine? I found that this one was owned by the Finger Lakes railway, and Conway Scenic, but that’s it.
  8. AstroKnight187

New Conrail locomotive

I bought a Bowser C630 (obviously Conrail) for 100$ 👀 and despite the dirt cheap price it has been holding up perfectly well. I also got a freight car for free with it 😉 Whoever sold me it at the Hamburg train show in NY thank you so much you have no idea how much fun I’ve had with this model...
  9. AstroKnight187

What locomotives did the B&O use on short locals in the 70s - 90s

I already asked this question with conrail, but I would like to know the same with chessie
  10. AstroKnight187

If you were to work for a railroad, which one would it be and what position?

If you were to work for a railroad, which one would it be and what position? All time periods, all positions. I’ll go first: CSX engineer. Always wanted to be in the cab of a living beast driving through a level crossing or over a bridge
  11. AstroKnight187

What is the best locomotive

What’s the most prototypical locomotive to haul short freight trains during the conrail age? The 2 conrail locomotives I have are a Bowser C630 and a Bachmann GP40 Comparing the Prototype to the Model
  12. AstroKnight187

First layout, 4x8

I’ve been looking for a good layout plan for an4x8 (first layout) that was interesting but provided continuous running; I found this one, what do you think? I might change the outside curves to 22” to make it better running, and might make a bypass to get past the cross track near the top so I...
  13. AstroKnight187

Athearn and Roundhouse kits: Worth it?

I have many Athearn BB and Roundhouse kits stored away waiting to be built; do they still hold up to today’s standards? Are they worth building? How much are they worth today (on average)? I’m talking about rail cars, so locomotives do not count.
  14. AstroKnight187

Recreating a defect detector?

I want to recreate a defect detector speech, any tips on how I would do it?
  15. AstroKnight187

Introducing myself

I don’t think I’ve properly introduced myself yet, so now’s my chance. I am AstroKnight187 and I am a Railfan in the United States of America. I like CSX and anything that has to do with Conrail. I have a YouTube channel where I post my catches, it is if the same name and profile picture. I’ve...
  16. AstroKnight187

DCC conversion

I have a Bachmann GP40 that is DCC ready, but I’m not sure what will fit in it. Any suggestions? I’m looking primarily for sound decoders, but standard decoders are fine. I would provide a picture, but I don’t have one at the moment Edit: It is an 8 pin connection point
  17. AstroKnight187

Penn Central F units in freight service?

I'm planning on buying an A-B set of Penn Central F units for my HO scale railroad, but I'm not sure if the real ones were used for freight as well as passenger service. Can anybody help me? This is my second post, so don't barrage me with hate if I screwed something up.
  18. AstroKnight187

CV values (NCE Powercab)

Does anyone know the CV value to change the bell sound on an Athearn Genesis GP9 using NCE Powercab? I figured out how to change the horn, and that went smoothly, but I don’t like the bell sound effect. Can I also change how fast it rings as well? (I do HO scale)

Back