Search results

1. NVSrr1500

Locating detail hand rail parts

The second C415 shell was printed and detailed to match the first one. Except handrails. KV models doesn't have them any more. Smokey valley is long gone. I figure I will have to make my own. Would modifying Atlas Century railings give me good matches? Or where could I get stanchions that will...
  2. NVSrr1500

415 printed prpgress

The printed C415 primed and in process of being detailed. I have no idea why I primed it first Old age moment. It will get the leaser orange and grey The chassis is being printed now
  3. NVSrr1500

A postwar view

A classic postwar train. Santa Fe. f units is post office box car. The refer car is the Santa Fe chief one. The three tofc cars and the 6017 red caboose 5 x 9 layout size. More 1950 ish in scope. Nothing like the large ho layout in more detail and modern complexity. This one is a...
  4. NVSrr1500

44 Tonner

The recent post on the 44t issues reminded me I have an early version from at least 30 years ago. Two motor design. Originally they were three pole, but up graded to 5 pole. I did swap out those old three poles. Only problem I ever had was the too much lube issue from anything made in china. Had...
  5. NVSrr1500

First print of the year

Because of the temps in the building even tho it is heated. I don’t print between November and march. I am looking into a resin heater to change that. This is a billboard. Modern era. Just need a pole. Either styrene or an acrylic rod. And paint. And bill boards to put on it Shane
  6. NVSrr1500

This weeks train

NS transfer run to NVSrr coleville yard. Beach Creek sw9 at the end of the line in Snowshoe
  7. NVSrr1500

Pantograph maintanance ?

How often do the wire contact pans on pantographs have to be changed out from the wear? Shane
  8. NVSrr1500

I forgot something

I think I forgot to roll the bell over. And the sweet, and the canary, and the rest of the scenery. At least the one arm turnout (I forgot what they are called) works. And forgot to make sure it was actually on the tracks
  9. NVSrr1500

New paint line

Anybody try out micromarks paint line yet? Looks like a cross between Mig Ammo paint, and Vallejo ink. Shane
  10. NVSrr1500

Amtrak metroliner cab car converstion

Curious if anybody converted the bachamnn metroliner to a cab car. I am ebarking on that using a white box unpowered metroliner. And a 3d printed cab. Wondering if anybody had done that? Issues one ran into? shane
  11. NVSrr1500

Rush Hour

Rush hour. The station is in the office building, technically on the second floor. Even tho the second floor is a t street level. The scene is obviously no where complete. Shane
  12. NVSrr1500

RDC

SO I have a couple of sets of ATT RDCs. Not going to Do any DCC or anything fancy. Just add lights, and try to add pick ups. which is the first thing that needs to be done. anybody know where I could find metal wheels that will fit these? These are British, so maybe a set from...
  13. NVSrr1500

MOW anybody

the sw 1001 shoving a difco dump to a work site. Probably the same site this 25 ton crane is off too. Dragging along the short boom car and a work flat. The 1499 is the one light work horse of MOW, but here is two of the main heavy lifters of the MOW department. A U34CH and a U33C...
  14. NVSrr1500

todays train. sort of

Sort of a train. Keep the trains rolling. The utility hi rail is a Bachman with an N scale decoder on board. The SRS is Walthers. Fun facts. they were used until recently Most of the SRS fleet was PRR doodle bugs. With. a hand full of other roads. They were updated (for the time) and a...
  15. NVSrr1500

Just a train

1499 with a short MOW trainI forgot I had a sound decoder in it. It has developed the cracked gear. New ones already on the way. Hasn't been run in at least 5 years As I look at it, it needs the NVSrr. slipover.
  16. NVSrr1500

Some pics because

You're more than welcome to ask questions. None of these scenes are anywhere near finished. The odd stone structure is an interesting industry in history. Shane
  17. NVSrr1500

A buggy bug. BLI issue

Ok. I seek an electrical diagram of BLI centipedes. One of the pair is acting like it is a 0-4-0 with one axle powercontacts. It also has a tracking issue that might be related if the contacts aren’t right or wire pulling or something like that. Before I open it up, I am hoping for...
  18. NVSrr1500

P2k gear issue. No not that one, completely different

Ok. I will bounce this off the collective seeing as I have never run into this. Maybe some of you have. P2k locomotives. I got two used for rather cheap. Non dcc is why I figured they were cheap. Skip ahead of the new cab, paint and doc sound. They were programmed and now on the main...
  19. NVSrr1500

for something different. here is a train. and work bench doing

2816 and the highness behind are both B23-7 box stock athearn. Yeah odd, the only two I haven't taken apart yet. Note I haven't even Patched it over to NS yet. 3229 is an old blue box Heavily detailed to 3229 prototype. Dcc it does have. no sound. This unit sat by the shop for. couple...
  20. NVSrr1500

cantilever build saga continues. the thread

Doesn't look like much was done does it? But most of the progress was contemplating and strangulating numbers. My other signal bridge sit 29 feet from rail head to underside. This will be so for this one. To start, the heads needed to be painted so they are ready for LED work. In the pic...

Back