Search results

1. S

Realistic vs Believable

I think a layout should be believable in overall concept and general execution and realistic in detail, which I guess agrees with the idea of his video!
  2. S

Atlas DCC Loco,s

Have you checked the max and midpoint settings on the decoders?
  3. S

Winter Retreat in Florida

Can a mobile home in FL even be insured?
  4. S

A very small L-shaped layout

The first one seems better because it provides a long run around the outside, and you can create some yard tracks inside the oval. The alternatives have a train going around a tight circle which IMO is not ideal.
  5. S

Do all train layouts regardless of size become boring over time?

For me it seems there is always something else to be done, whether it is enhancing scenery, adding vehicles and people to add realism, weathering rolling stock, or just imaging what like was like 70-80 years ago (my era) when a train came through town.
  6. S

Running Bear's December 2023 Coffee Shop

just started a new project to close in a 14x14 screened porch. Next project is to convince my wife to move the layout from the dusty non-climate controlled garage into the new space when it is done.
  7. S

My small layout so far

Yes it is 4x8
  8. S

My small layout so far

HO Scale. This is my only thread.
  9. S

My small layout so far

That was one of my goals. I like to make up a train and let it run on the outer loop (the mainline) while I do switching operations on the inner loop (the local).
  10. S

My small layout so far

Yes it is on wheels. I will be doing more on the backdrop eventually.
  11. S

My small layout so far

A lot of scenery work still to be done but when the trains start running the scenery work seems to slow down.
  12. S

Hello! I've been getting back into the model train hobby.

Sounds like you are having fun. That's what it is all about.
  13. S

Hi from Georgia

Where in Georgia?
  14. S

What If There Was A Model Train Company That Just Made Models Based On Original/Fictional Designs?

I agree with Snowman to just use custom decals. My fictional road is Suwannee Valley RR. I have purchased undecorated locomotives and cars and painted them and applied custom decals. Since my road is affiliated with Seaboard and Southern I use those brands as well.
  15. S

Another retiree coming back after a few years away

Hello I am another retired person taking up the hobby again. Due to space limitations, I am using a 4x8 format. It has 2 loops; the outer represents the main line and the inner is for local switching and a runaround. A road goes through the center with a small town represented. A lot of work to...

Back