Search results

1. L

My first train set ....ever...........

Been getting the itch for awhile now and decided to start off with an old postwar era set. I almost went with HO and DCC and I'm sure that will be in the future as I like the idea of running multiple trains at once. Well here are a few pics of the 1st set of mine. I took a chance and bought the...
  2. L

DC or DCC ?????

The more I read the more I am getting frustrated, should my first setup be DC or DCC ? I must admit I know nothing about my new upcoming hobby, I've never even had a trainset when I was a kid. Everyone says DCC is more expensive, what are we talking about for money and what's envolled ? Is DCC...
  3. L

I was wondering what the 3.....

I was wondering if someone could shed some light on what the 3 numbers at the end of every engine meant, for example (HO Bachmann Spectrum 4-6-0). Please explain the 4-6-0 Thanks, Dave
  4. L

Hello, Love doing research.

Hi guys, just stumbled on your website while doing some research on my newest upcoming hobby. I've been walking the rails here in southeastern CT hunting for old insulators for the last couple of years and have grown to love trains and anything to do with them. Now I have decided to get into...

Back