Search results

1. T

2 Incline Sets from 1 Set...Possible YES IT IS..

I purchased 1 2% Incline set that raised from 0" to 4", I only needed to go to 2 inches, I marked out the unused sections and made another Set, so for the price of 1 I got 2...It was a bit messy but YES! it worked! Now let the roadbed be laid.
  2. T

Reversing Loops and DCC a question

My question is this - Imagine two reversing loops at either end of a track... Imagine that One train is headed to the left, and one is headed to the right - and although I know two objects can not occupy the same space at the same time, imagine if you will that these two trains are on the...
  3. T

Woodland Scenic Risers - Question

received a Woodland Scenics 2% Grade kit. 5 Sections - each 24" Long and 2" wide. Laying this out it takes up a lot of real estate. 2 Questions - at 2" Wide 1: At 1" its enough to hold the cork bed and rail and 2: Has anyone cut this stuff in half length wise to make a set of 2 from one?
  4. T

My Plan for my 8x3 N Scale Layout

Hard to see, bad lighting this afternoon. But I put some time into drawing out something that I think will work A few spurs a small yard, and a large main line - with the radius of the curves set to12", I figure for small box cars of 50' and smaller locomotives should look pretty good. I plan...
  5. T

I did a thing today

So I did a thing - I got the Benchwork done for an 8' long x 3' wide N-scale Layout Decided on using Atlas Code 55 Track, no less than a number 7 switch, no less than a 5 for sidings or yard Now I need a Plan ...
  6. T

So I did a thing!

It's been 38 years as I had said in my previous post - and I made a mistake, well not really, but I went to the Amherst Model Railroad Show in Springfield last month,, and purchased some very nice N scale box cars, 1 gondola, 1 caboose, just to get something into my hands. First I am very...
  7. T

38 Years ago I left - Now I return - some N Scale Questions

Good day! 38 years ago I left the hobby. I had a 4' long 3 foot wide N scale layout self-designed. But back then ran into a few issues. Locomotives and stock cars not passing through the switches easily. Life also kicked into high gear and left little time for the hobby. And now I have...

Back