Search results

1. T

2 Incline Sets from 1 Set...Possible YES IT IS..

I purchased 1 2% Incline set that raised from 0" to 4", I only needed to go to 2 inches, I marked out the unused sections and made another Set, so for the price of 1 I got 2...It was a bit messy but YES! it worked! Now let the roadbed be laid.
  2. T

Reversing Loops and DCC a question

Thanks for the responses...not that I do not trust people, I did also ask the same question at the Hobby store this afternoon, and he stated the same thing!
  3. T

So for my clarification due to my struggles with DCC The polarity of the rails does not matter in a DCC system as both rails are at a 60hz cycle both positive and negative it is the DCC chip inside the locomotive that controls the direction of the train. Maybe I am making this more complicated...
  4. T

My question is this - Imagine two reversing loops at either end of a track... Imagine that One train is headed to the left, and one is headed to the right - and although I know two objects can not occupy the same space at the same time, imagine if you will that these two trains are on the...
  5. T

Woodland Scenic Risers - Question

Yeah On SECOND thought looking at its length, the zig-zag patter cut, I think cutting it down the center would be a very bad idea...OMG, what the heck was I thinking? Oh trying to be frugal LOL
  6. T

Woodland Scenic Risers - Question

received a Woodland Scenics 2% Grade kit. 5 Sections - each 24" Long and 2" wide. Laying this out it takes up a lot of real estate. 2 Questions - at 2" Wide 1: At 1" its enough to hold the cork bed and rail and 2: Has anyone cut this stuff in half length wise to make a set of 2 from one?
  7. T

My Plan for my 8x3 N Scale Layout

Hard to see, bad lighting this afternoon. But I put some time into drawing out something that I think will work A few spurs a small yard, and a large main line - with the radius of the curves set to12", I figure for small box cars of 50' and smaller locomotives should look pretty good. I plan...
  8. T

I did a thing today

There are some elements in both of these that I am going to consider!
  9. T

I did a thing today

So back in 1985-1988, I was working on a 3-foot wide and 5-foot long layout. My friend just found the plans for that layout - its titled Jefferson, Memphis, and Norther RR - Since that would take up about 50% of the space, I am on the hunt for another layout to fit around it or next to it. I...
  10. T

I did a thing today

no, I don't ...hahaha
  11. T

I did a thing today

So I did a thing - I got the Benchwork done for an 8' long x 3' wide N-scale Layout Decided on using Atlas Code 55 Track, no less than a number 7 switch, no less than a 5 for sidings or yard Now I need a Plan ...
  12. T

So I did a thing!

It's been 38 years as I had said in my previous post - and I made a mistake, well not really, but I went to the Amherst Model Railroad Show in Springfield last month,, and purchased some very nice N scale box cars, 1 gondola, 1 caboose, just to get something into my hands. First I am very...
  13. T

38 Years ago I left - Now I return - some N Scale Questions

I wish I could thank everyone personally for all the information ... it is GREATLY appreciated very much! THANK YOU! A few takeaways DCC systems are easy... two wires and a unit N Scale Equipment today is far better than it was 38 years ago Kato or Flex Pico cod 55 is durable and of good...
  14. T

Thank you for this!
  15. T

"Absolutely, the equipment produced today is an order of magnitude better than I had when I was in n-scale in 1969-1984." So glad to hear this. And as I had stated I have seen the KATO systems just run smoothly as possible. So I know with the Kato Track system you are stuck with whatever...
  16. T

Hobbies as my dad says, Toys for the Boys. Did I leave, yeah I would say I did I had not thought about another attempt in the hobby, well perhaps not all true as I traded in all of my N locos, equipment, etc to a local hobby show, now closed, and got myself an HO locomotive. Then shortly after...
  17. T

Good day! 38 years ago I left the hobby. I had a 4' long 3 foot wide N scale layout self-designed. But back then ran into a few issues. Locomotives and stock cars not passing through the switches easily. Life also kicked into high gear and left little time for the hobby. And now I have...

Back