Search results

1. OgreMike

Athearn HO Scale passenger trucks 90410 and 90411

Hello all. I’m trying to find a dealer who sells the Athearn type 90410/411 2-axle passenger car trucks but rather than plastic, I’d like a totally metal truck. Does anyone have any info about this? Athearn stuff is plastic truck and wheels from what I can see. I’d prefer a heavier truck and...
  2. OgreMike

Proto 2000 E7A unit missing rear coupler shank linch pin

Hello all! I'm just getting back into Model RR'ing after a long hiatus and currently building my first ever home layout (The Oregon Pass Lines from the Atlas King Size Layout book). I'm also building my rolling stock, as most of what I'd accumulated in prior years had to be sold off during a...
  3. OgreMike

Atlas Switch Machine Wiring

Hello everyone. I’m wiring up my very first home layout (DCC), but “currently” (pun intended), I’m overwrought with trying to wire up the teeny, tiny Atlas switch machines to an old AC transformer. I’m finding out that wiring these tiny machines with their tinier wires is a tedium and a stress...
  4. OgreMike

Newbie question on DCC

hello everyone. OgreMike here. I am a newbie, but I have been interested in model railroading for over 50 years. I’m finally making my first attempt to build a model railroad. I’m building the Atlas plan HO 36. It’s the Oregon Pass Lines. But instead of doing the old traditional, DC type of...

Back