Search results

1. W

Misleading E-Bay Ad

Since the auction ended with "no bids", apparently this "customization" snared no suckers. W.C. Fields has rolled over one more time! Will
  2. W

A nice spring evening

Keep the palette knife away from your ears!! Nice looking scene, did the ladies of the parking structure give you aide and pointers or is this just raw talent? Your wife may have a rival in the house. I would say you are ready to tackle the back drop yourself. If you do take Rex up on his...
  3. W

Ya'll give me an opinion on this pic.

The first picture has too much background light, and the "blue" of the LED flashlight shited the yellow into an unnatural green. The photo shop rework is better, but borders on being too dark in the background area. The second scene seems to be much more natural, although the suggestion to...
  4. W

My 1st attempt weathering with chalks. The MESS Coaling Tower

Well Done!!! The weathering is subtle and looks like the tower has been in "service". A little collection of dust is not necessary, she looks like she has been there for a while. Will
  5. W

I Could Really Use Some Help Guy's

Are you using the "tip and rings" of the 1/4" plug for power transfer to the rails of the turntable bridge? That would allow the table to rotate but still provide pickup of power for the rails. Just a thought. Will
  6. W

OK, I've got an Industry Gripe!

I remember years ago sitting in a new Cheverolet with a neighbor who worked for GM, and having the "rainbow" of colors pointed out in the interior trim of the car, which were all supposed to be identical. Part of this is also true with the manufacturers of our models, try as they may the...
  7. W

Question About Weathering

Glenn the compliments are well deserved, that box looks great! We can all do better the next time, enjoy the process, and lighten up on the self criticisim. Each new car in the sequence of weathering will get closer to what "we" want as we develop more techniques to reproduce the effects that we...
  8. W

The problem with Branchline Blueprint kits

Just part of the price we pay for really fine detail. Take a deep breath, work slowly and carefully. You can look forward to the release of pent up frustration when you pummel the fat head who picks them up and breaks off the fine details. The end results of your efforts will pay off when you...

Back