Search results

1. J

LSRN Outshops a few Cabooosess

Very cool fleet you have there.
  2. J

Thinning acrylic paints?

I dont really want to mess with laquer in the house. Plus my 5 1/2 yr old daughter wants to help some.
  3. J

Thinning acrylic paints?

LOL, I broke down and went up to the bodega and dropped $1.99 a bottle,lol:eek: Tonight I weather!!!!!! Thanks for your help. I'll let you know how it turns out(maybe, lol)
  4. J

Thinning acrylic paints?

Thanks for the replies guy's. Will the blue in windex affect the final paint color?
  5. J

Show Your Face

Here is a couple of me doing my other hobby.
  6. J

Thinning acrylic paints?

:confused: What type of thinning agent should I use to make an acrylic wash? Denatured alcohol? agua?windex? thinner? I am lost, lol:eek: Thanks, jim
  7. J

Hello from NEW YORK! Need a little help!!!!

62'? My house isnt even that long, lol I think that I will follow your advice Jim, and just use what buildings I need to get the same look. (Until I can get a loan for that addition I am going to need, lol)
  8. J

Here is the whole complex. Nothing like jumpimg head first into a new hobby, eh? lol
  9. J

I was just checking the measurment of each building and I am gonna have to lose one of them. No big deal, still have 12 bays.This is my first layout so if its not 100% accurate, as long as it looks cool when I'm done, I'll be happy. Tomorrow I have off from work, so thats when I will draw up...
  10. J

Thanks for the welcome, Paul.
  11. J

Not 10 sf., 40 sf. That section will be 10' long, and 4' wide. If it was 10, I would need micro-scale, lol. That place is HUGE! The pic doesnt even show 1/2 of the main building I already have on order the first 5 buildings to do the first section. That will give me 15 lines coming off the...
  12. J

I got the Bachmann Conrail loco., and the detail was less than steller, lol. So, I ordered and received this https://www.modeltrainstuff.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=ATH-94215. My wife ordered this set for my...
  13. J

I havent had time to get toHudson Shores yet, but I did order these http://www.modeltrainstuff.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=BAC-60306 Ialso ordered a Athern 40' derrick but for some reason I cant get a pic. I also ordered this...
  14. J

Thank you for all the welcomes and suggestions. I am leaning towards this sethttp://www.modeltrainstuff.com/Bachmann_HO_McKinley_Explorer_Set_ARR_p/bac-00624.htm, only because I dig the loco.,(and I kinda wanna watch the train go round) lol. I will probably switch out the pass. cars for...
  15. J

Hello everyone.Ihope this is in the right place. My name is Jim, and I am 37(38 on 8/24). I found this place last week after seeing a PBS show on steamtrains. I started riding freestyle bmx bikes at 35 again, and now I have beat this old body up so I need to find a less painful hobby, lol I...

Back