Search results

1. ChinaHaun19

I wish I would have sold my train stuff on here instead of ebay.

I have sold some train stuff on ebay because I need to trim down to just G gauge for our big move. I have sold train stuff on ebay in the past and never had an issue. But this time my mom and I decided to sell under my mom's general seller account because I turned my account into a business...
  2. ChinaHaun19

The ore jennies were fully loaded

Oopsie on the train tracks.
  3. ChinaHaun19

O gauge - Black ties vs Brown Ties

How about a new post about a classic argument? I have a layout featuring N, HO, O and G trains all in a 8 x 12 foot area. I just like the different characteristics of the different size model trains. I have also been one to like trying different track systems for each size. I like the different...
  4. ChinaHaun19

Making some cool G gauge rolling stock.

I have begin to slowly collect these square-ish Piko Ore Jennies. I get them at Onlytrains, RLD, Trainz.com etc. They automatically come with plastic wheels which is OK to start, but I insisted on ultimately fitting them with metal wheels, which I finally got a chance to order and I am patiently...
  5. ChinaHaun19

Big Diesel vs. Old Reefer box car

An old piece of O gauge rolling stock was draped perpendicular over the tracks when a freight train led by a GP38 slammed into it with great force. The ancient box car was no match for the diesel, and was destroyed on impact.
  6. ChinaHaun19

3-Rail track could be redesigned to look more like 2-rail

I never thought of this before but when watching my O gauge train run today, I realized something. All 3 rails are several millimeters high as you all know... Maybe 7mm or so. I thought that maybe they could shorten the middle (3rd) rail significantly so that it is just 2 millimeters high. All...
  7. ChinaHaun19

The best HO locomotive $57 can buy

I had a few bucks to spare and you know what happens when we have a few bucks to spare. I had avoided HO for quite some time. Yes, I had a loop of track and a diesel, but I did not play with my HO trains all that often because I was preoccupied with my O gauge stuff. O gauge is normally just...
  8. ChinaHaun19

Why is there so much Horn Hook rolling stock floating around the used market?

I model in both HO and N, among other sizes. When I shop for used HO and N rolling stock, there are inexpensive options the plenty, used stuff. But theres a weirdness. Almost all of this inexpensive but nice-looking rolling stock is fitted with Horn Hook. I can understand stuff being sold...
  9. ChinaHaun19

I busted out the N scale set

This week I have focused on giving my smaller trains a chance to shine and run. Since I tend to favor larger gauge trains that I have, I have mostly stuck with having the O gauge or G scale out, and my N and HO have spent a lot of time languishing in the drawers. I decided this was depriving us...
  10. ChinaHaun19

The Mount Washington Cog Railway.

This railroad is still in service to this day. It was a weird one. In the 1800s, people didn't always need, you know, a car, to take this railroad. Instead, they would strap themselves onto a little wooden slide, kind of like a skateboard I guess, and rocket down the mountain, fully exposed to...
  11. ChinaHaun19

Taking a ride on the G

This weekend featured my first expansion event on my new journey with G scale. 20 inches of new railway was laid down. Not bad! Step on up and hold onto the rail. Centrifugal force to be had, but the ride is as smooth as glass. Don't extend your arms out the side of the train.
  12. ChinaHaun19

I had been wanting to get into G gauge for a long time. Today, I finally was able to take the dive

I know it's not much to see because it is a simple low-end starter set, but what the hell I will post the video of it with my O gauge train... I actually really wanted to get a USA Trains set with diesel, but the extra $120 to get into that was simply more than I could afford right now and...
  13. ChinaHaun19

Sadness about S scale

I am in the process of looking forward to the idea of soon getting a new train set. My main interest are the scales S and G. I already have something in all the other popular scales and want a unique product. What makes me sad is that I have seriously considered S, and I am coming up with not...
  14. ChinaHaun19

First opportunity to try a new gauge in a long time

I don't make very much money so when it comes to trains, it's a situation where I take what I can get when I can. I am not a serious railroader, I am generally in it because of an autism-related enjayment I get from seeing the interaction of wheels and track (especially metal), the sounds and...
  15. ChinaHaun19

How much impact velocity can locomotive withstand?

Hi. I have a cousin who likes to see the videos of my model trains I send her. But she has a special request. She wants me to film a crash. I have thought about two types of crashes. A head on crash between two of my locomotives, or a rear-end crash where one locomotive rams into a chain of...
  16. ChinaHaun19

O gauge train travelling on tubular track

You shall watch my youtube video if you are interested in seeing a train barelling down the track. Youtube Video Here This is my new 15 second long video showing my O gauge Lionel diesel travelling on my weird O gauge layout. As you can see the train is happy with her circumstances, and is...
  17. ChinaHaun19

It started getting stuck

Today I had gotten myself a nice Yeti of Ice water, and sat down to watch my O gauge diesel roll down the track. But when I tried to crank 'er up, it started getting stuck. It would crawl, lurch and make a weird sound for a second and then it stopped. I walked over to get a closer look, but I...
  18. ChinaHaun19

Who knew N gauge could be so gorgeous?!

Months ago my mom bought herself an N gauge Bachman diesel-led train set to add to our house of train living. I would set it up then take it down time to time, and some of the train track got funky and the loco it came with became a little less reliable. Once I saw this steam locomotive New...
  19. ChinaHaun19

The LRRC Y2K at Twilight

Just one mile from the creepy red light district, and under weird urban settings lit by High Pressure Sodium and Mercury Vapor, this retro train still holds on to its original speed and power racing by the camera.

Back