Search results

1. Bob T

Looking for info on a couple eBay ore cars

Found these on the 'bay, and wondered if anyone knows anything about them. 20' ore cars, HOn3, nice details. The ad said wood, but they are plastic. A kit? Premade? Manufacturer? Mostly I am just curious, but wouldn't mind finding a couple more. They need a little work, some bent/broken...
  2. Bob T

Found a couple photos of my Dad's layout, from 1956

After my Mom passed in 2016, I started scanning all of my parents negatives and slides. Five years, and close to 6500+ photos later, I found these. My Dad's railroad from 1956, in my Grandparents basement, which I never saw because I was born 1956. Shortly after, my parents bought their first...
  3. Bob T

HO/HOn3 Apple River Canyon RR - First track plan w/AnyRail

Last time I designed a layout, it was pencil on paper. Ha. Here is my first track plan attempt with AnyRail 6. Narrow gauge lead mining, with a standard gauge interchange, and eventually a port delivery. Space is 12 ft along the back. 6' 6" on the left, and 10' 6" on the right. Necessary...
  4. Bob T

Ore car to ore car transfer station?

Pardon if this is in the wrong section. Is there such a thing? A structure to transfer ore from car to car? Say transfer iron ore from a light narrow gauge line to a heavy standard line for final movement? Been searching the forums, and web without luck, but I may not have right nomenclature...
  5. Bob T

Greetings from Knoxville

Howdy...Been doing some reading here, and this sure seems like a good forum. I joined the other day, as I have a lot to catch up on. My last attempt to build a layout was in the 90s, but then we moved into a much smaller house. After I retired, we moved south. Now that we have settled in a bit...

Back