Search results

1. N

Software Keeping Track of Stock?

Hi everyone, I've taken delivery of a few items and also pre-ordered things. I realized the potential for the difficulty of keeping track of everything, and the easy mistake that can be made in ordering some thing you already pre-ordered or took delivery of. I started putting together a...
  2. N

Caboose Types & Eras?

I've been reading up on cabooses and have been able to grasp the logic behind the traditional cupola, offset cupola, extended vision cupola, and bay window cupola. One question I seem to be having trouble finding an answer to is what was the more common version being used from the 1960s into...
  3. N

HO Scale - Industry Facade - Distance off Wall?

Hi everyone, I've see some convincing looking industry facades that are set against a wall, sticking out a few inches to create the physical 3D model and then maybe a photo behind to continue the effect. What is the minimum amount of inches one typically models when doing this? Also, when...
  4. N

Taking my Time & Exploring Layout Ideas while Playing w/ SCARM

Hello everyone, as a person re-entering the hobby, it has been fascinating to read this site and watch lots of YouTube videos on the many angles one can go for in running model trains! I gave some details in the welcome/introduction forum, but in a nutshell I dabbled in HO from age 7 to 15, and...
  5. N

It's Come a Long Way!

Hello everyone, I was born in 1970, and I became interested in trains at age 7. Back then we lived in East Lansing, Michigan. I remember seeing many Grand Trunk, Chessie, and Canadian National trains when my Dad would take me by the local tracks running through town. I had a minimal HO oval...

Back