An interchangeable train layout!

Here is my interchangeable train layout that I can switch between N scale and HO scale. I can even hang the layout that I don’t feel like playing with on the wall like a picture frame. Each of these layouts have folding front legs and they can be folded down when not in use.

IMG_6545.jpeg

IMG_6538.jpeg

IMG_6530.jpeg
IMG_6506.jpeg

Last edited:
Neat stuff. I once saw a guy who hung his layout with pullies from the ceiling. This is another great way of doing this! It makes me wonder if one could make a layout that flips like one of those reversible pool tables like this. Something to think about with the similar size of your layouts...

1709751489217.png

Neat stuff. I once saw a guy who hung his layout with pullies from the ceiling. This is another great way of doing this! It makes me wonder if one could make a layout that flips like one of those reversible pool tables like this. Something to think about with the similar size of your layouts...

View attachment 183218
Yes! It is possible. A layout that flips up and down can be made even for layouts that are 4 x 8ft. I originally wanted to make a 4x8 layout but my room does not have the space and that is why I made my layout only 3x6ft.

Back