Digitrax DCC for Bachman loco

OffrdJeff

Hi all, New here.
I have a Bachmann 51007 HO Santa Fe 4-4-0 American Steam Locomotive with Wood Load that is supposed to be DCC ready. I got the decoder (Digitrax 167 as I recall), but it does not quite fit with the wires, speaker etc. into the tender as is should. I really dont want to cut any of the plastic, so Im wondering if there is another brand DCC that will fit better.
There are holes in the bottom of the tender, but weights on top of that. Im also not 100% sure I have the plug into the correct direction.

If pictures are needed, I can post them for clarity.

Thanks,
Jeff

I have found nothing to suggest this engine is DCC "& SOUND" ready. There's space for a small 8 pin motor decoder, but probably doesn't have room for speaker and associated wiring.
If you already have a sound decoder, you can try a small sugar cube speaker, of a size that will fit in the area available.

Hi all, New here.
I have a Bachmann 51007 HO Santa Fe 4-4-0 American Steam Locomotive with Wood Load that is supposed to be DCC ready. I got the decoder (Digitrax 167 as I recall), but it does not quite fit with the wires, speaker etc. into the tender as is should. I really dont want to cut any of the plastic, so Im wondering if there is another brand DCC that will fit better.
There are holes in the bottom of the tender, but weights on top of that. Im also not 100% sure I have the plug into the correct direction.

If pictures are needed, I can post them for clarity.

Thanks,
Jeff
I think a few fotos would help.
Suggestions? This decoder is what Digitrax said would fit. (Liars)
Depending when the loco was produced, Bachmann may have changed the specs, or the speaker your using is slightly too large, I'm guessing the latter.

Suggestions? This decoder is what Digitrax said would fit. (Liars)

Back