55 Gallon Drums

AirbrushNo5

I ordered these in December from a eBay seller in China…around $5 for 10…they arrived today
3D printed..they meet my expectations for drums…
hit them with a coat of Tamiya Flat Black with some Clear Gloss mixed in
Painted up… a couple have chipped rims…no big deal

IMG_1102.jpeg

IMG_1101.jpeg

Yes, I looked at the Tichy drums but, “THEY ARE MOLDED IN ONE PIECE IN RUST COLORED STYRENE. BOTH METAL LIDS AND WOOD FIRE LIDS ARE INCLUDED. 12 DRUMS & 12 EACH OF STEEL AND WOOD LIDS. WOOD LIDS WERE COMMON ON FIRE BARRELS USED ON TRESTLES.”
Besides the above, the eBay barrels looked better in the pics..3D printed vs injection molded

I wanted just the solid drums ( no assembly required ) and postage 🇺🇸 > 🇨🇦 is more expensive than China > 🇨🇦 and an order of 40 drums came to $22.36 🇺🇸 all in ($3.59 per 10 drums when you buy 4 sets)
Ordered Dec 14 …arrived Jan 2… not bad over XMAS

Last edited:
More barrels (9) painted today..mixed up some Tamiya Deep Green and Park Green with a Lemon Yellow stripe and a Lamp Black and Van Dyck Brown oil wash…nothing too crazy..
IMG_1316.jpeg

The Corsair is deemed 'Unsafe at any speed" according to Ralph Nader so at least it's parked! Nice car models.

I have printed great numbers of 55 gallon barrels as well as 5 Gallon Jerry cans. The drums are hollow such that I can glue "liquid lead" (fine shot) inside for use as needs must for weighted items. they first ones I made were for a ship model fro deck loads in 1:120, but of course even better in HO.

I had two of the Corvair's My first wife had one when we married YELLOW and I had just bought a MARRON one.
We drove them for years - I never noticed any "unsafe" handling - I just never drove faster than the limits!

Back