Recent content by zzr1200guy

1. zzr1200guy

New Project - Proto 2000 SD45 to SP 7999

Looks fantastic.
  2. zzr1200guy

New Module for Hotracks and a start to a YouTube channel.

So, let get this outside ready for weathering and to be finish. Here's how I made the channels for the Tichy Trains Group doors for this building using evergreen styrene strips. SORRY FOR THE BAD VIDEOGRAPHY IM ALSO LEARN HOW TO USE THIS NEW EDITING PROGRAM.
  3. zzr1200guy

Walthers GP35

I buy alot from here cause they almost alway beat everyone's price https://www.trainworld.com/walthers-920-42177-ho-emd-gp35-loksound-5-sound-dcc-santa-fe-3359.html The are solid engines.
  4. zzr1200guy

The Decoder Install Thead

This one was really tricky. Here we go and do an install of a Soundtraxx MC1H102P8 Plug& Play decoder that wasn't quite plug and play but we got r done.
  5. zzr1200guy

The Decoder Install Thead

OK guys I told you I'd show you the good the bad and the ugly. Well, here's how I installed the Digitrax SDXH167D sound decoder in my 20-year-old PROTO 2000 SD-9 that I pulled out of the Bachmann Spectrum N&W J that I could not get the sound file to load correctly. This was a simple, quick and...
  6. zzr1200guy

Of course, I need an interior—why make things easier for myself, right? LOL! I'm fond of these Walther kits, but some parts don't quite hit the mark aesthetically. So, let's get to kitbashing and spruce it up a bit. Those Tichy train group parts are just fantastic.
  7. zzr1200guy

While we're waiting for the 3D parts to arrive, let's move on with the next structure. This kit contains two buildings, so we'll focus on fully assembling the first one before starting on the second.
  8. zzr1200guy

NOW FOR THE MOST EXCITING PART OF MODEL RAILROADING I REALY HAD A BALLAST!
  9. zzr1200guy

Tried weathering 😅

No I learned by watching Boomer Diorama, SoCal Scale Models, and The Bennet Model Railroad I found the use washes worked best for me. I like Tamiya panel liner and Vallejo washes.
  10. zzr1200guy

Walthers decal issues

Thanks guys it looks like it a little of both. I clear glossed the last side and applied the Micro-Sol to the model then slid the decal on and coat it generously with the Micro-Sol and it pulled down much better not perfect but 100 times better and of courses it the side you don't see. 🤦‍♂️...
  11. zzr1200guy

Tried weathering 😅

What type of paint did you use? I would do a pin wash on the panel lines and the door to make them pop a little more. It looks good.
  12. zzr1200guy

Improving Our Steam Engines Performance

I have a Bachmann N&W J 4-8-4 and it would pull it sat for 20 years and it sits so low it is pretty much useless Ill be tearing it down to see what happen. it never had traction tires. I saw a vide where they change out the springs that support the drivers the guy tried 3 different springs and...
  13. zzr1200guy

Train Clubs and Jail

WOW! that is so screwed up.

Back