Recent content by York614

1. York614

n scale Concor passenger car lighting

Ahh, thanks. That’s what I thought but didn’t know.
  2. York614

Understood, but these seem to be latching, whereas the ones I have are strictly momentary, and lack whatever that is that is attached on the outside with that small band. What is that. And how does it affect the switch?
  3. York614

Concor/Rivarossi Heavyweight Cars Wheelsets

Can anyone tell me what the screw size that will screw into the brass “ferules” that hold the trucks on inside these passenger cars? Am installing some DCC lighting and am going to orient the wheelsets to pick up left rail from one wheelset, right from the other. Also looking for a “drop in”...
  4. York614

Does anyone know how those magnetic switches function? I purchased some but they do not have magnets attached, so they only operate momentarily when a magnet is applied. How do these switches (with the tiny magnets attached) function? Does it take a stronger magnetic field with the opposite...
  5. York614

Thanks, sir! Had no idea, but want to get some lighting capability in them. Are thw battery units the ones you can turn on and off with a magnet? Seems I saw something like that once, but can’t remember where or when.
  6. York614

Can the Kato KAT11212 kits be made to work in the Concor (N&W, Powhatan Arrow) streamlined cars ? Has anyone done this. What about the heavyweight cars (Concor)? If not, has anyone used a readily available kit to do this? Have 3 Class J's, enough cars for 2 Powhatan's (or a Cavalier) and a...
  7. York614

Broadway Limited Y6B 2-8-8-2

Good to know. Thanks!
  8. York614

Not yet, but working on it!
  9. York614

Does anyone have one of these? I’d love to know your opinion of it, am considering buying one.
  10. York614

Lifelike Proto 2000 USRA 2-8-8-2 N Scale parts

Ah. That tracks. Thanks, will look for those.
  11. York614

Lifelike Proto 2000 USRA 2-8-8-2 N Scale parts

You wouldn’t have a link to a source for these, would you? I can’t seem to find them anywhere.
  12. York614

Kato powered chassis as powered freight car pushers

The only word for your boxcab is awesome! Now I’m getting the itch for sure.
  13. York614

Kato powered chassis as powered freight car pushers

So, what’s the difference between an 11-105,106,107,108,109? What are the motors like in these? I am thinking of building some “powered freight cars” to act as pushers for my underpowered/slippery steamers, and am curious as to whether anyone has done this, as to whether anyone has used these...

Back