Recent content by wmsuggs

1. W

Flex track

thanks for the help.
  2. W

Flex track

I am new to the hobby and I have just replaced my ez steel track with NS flex track. I am not sure how to join the track other than rail joiners or solder. Do you cut the track once you make your curve? Also do you remove any ties? Maybe yall could give me a step by step instuction? Any help...
  3. W

30 Degree cross over

Hello, I am came across a 30 degree cross over from Bachmann E Z Track for 4 dollars it says that it is mainly used for a figure 8 but from reading other posted threads a figure 8 is fairly boring after a while. My question is how to use it in a different layout theme. I am drawing a blank. Does...
  4. W

Caboose derailment

Thanks for all the advise. Just as soon as I leave work and get to my hobby store then home I will try these suggestions. I like this caboose so I want to run it. Besides what fun is it if you can't run your trains. Wes,
  5. W

Caboose derailment

No sir I dont have this gauge. I have read about the Gauge before. My local hobby store should have this. Now that you mention it when I turn the caboose upside down and was checking all the wheels and trucks they did seem to wobble a little. I may just replace the wholle set because I think...
  6. W

Caboose derailment

I need some help. The caboose I have keeps derailing at turnouts. It is a Bachmann model that came with my starter set. I have run all of my other rolling stock thru this turn out with no problems. I am using Bachmann,Lifelike, and some other brand of rolling stock that I can't think of cause I...
  7. W

New build

I have already installed one foam and covered that with two different colors of the grass mat. I put the edge board on because it is a 3 foot drop to the concrete floor below. If I had a derailment or my grandson gets too close I won't have my heart broken along with my trains.
  8. W

New build

well I am new to the hobby. I am going with HO scale. I sorta want to do a small town, a small farm, and a coal mining industry. I am not sticking to anything particular just what ever makes me happy. I will have a side yard too. wes
  9. W

New build

Here are some photos of my layout. I just moved to a new house and have a 16 X 16 shop outside for my on. Wes
  10. W

Hello all

Hello all, I am new to model railroading. I got started the first of the year. I am modeling in HO. I have a small 4 x 8 layout started but I am moving to a new house in a few weeks and I will have my own 15 x 30 bld. to work on my trains. I am already in love with this hobby. I only wish I had...

Back