Recent content by vio919

1. V

Problems with Bachmann Spectrum SD-45

So if it's not out of the one year warranty then it's free? EDIT: never mind, I just checked their site. Thanks for the help.
  2. V

Ok, I've never taken apart a loco. Do you think it's worth taking it to my hobby shop and having them diagnose it?
  3. V

So I recently bought a brand new spectrum SD-45 on ebay and I just received it today. It looks fantastic, but it doesn't seem to be running too well. When I run it in either direction it makes a clicking sound that sounds like plastic gears clicking. The speed of the clicking varies with the...
  4. V

HO layout pics

I only said something because trainman1980 posted in about 10 threads yesterday that were between 2-4 years old. It's just kind of frustrating when you've just made a thread asking people for advice and within hours it's buried. At what point did I dictate anything? And at what point did I...
  5. V

another person with re-sparked interest

Thanks for the feedback. My reasoning behind the crossover at the top was so that I would have to travel some distance to get to the industry rather than just going around the corner and being there. This way, an engine would take off from the switch yard, travel around the entire inner...
  6. V

HO layout pics

This thread is 2 years old... and you're further burying mine :(
  7. V

Just started my layout

Looks like you're off to a nice start, I'm sure you'll have it looking great!
  8. V

This got buried fast... bump
  9. V

hmmm.. here's a link to the album, try that. http://good-times.webshots.com/album/562317288InFNOv
  10. V

thanks for the warm welcome everyone! :) I've been playing around with layout ideas and I'd like your opinions on this one: http://image60.webshots.com/760/8/63/40/2523863400102952493MuhFHH_fs.jpg here it is with some rough drawings I did in MS paint to give you an idea of how I envision...
  11. V

1/87th Vehicles

that's a great site, thank you!
  12. V

1/87th Vehicles

Does anyone know where I can get some 1:87 models of American cars from the 1940s era? I don't have time to go through this whole thread.. thanks
  13. V

My sons a natural

hahaha that's so cute
  14. V

Bachmann pennsy SD-45

ok thanks for the quick response - what exactly should I ask him? Ill ask if it's DCC (doubt it), what the item# is, what year it was made, anything else? *I just noticed what the difference is between those locos on the Bachmann site - one is N scale.... D'OH!
  15. V

Bachmann pennsy SD-45

My new layout is most likely going to be a Pennsy line, so I was browsing through ebay for locos and found this: http://cgi.ebay.com/BACHMANN-SPECTRUM-HO-11630-PENNSY-SD-45-SALE-50-OFF_W0QQitemZ280195438412QQihZ018QQcategoryZ19132QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem seems like a good...

Back