Recent content by UP/C&O

1. U

Athearn's Latest Price Increases: Im out...

To answer the Athearn question: Why are the prices going up? Simple there is a new person in charge of counting the beans. Do not be surprised when the RTR engines jump in price too. Remember Athearn got bought out by a bigger company. I agree the quality on the RTR couplers and hand rails just...
  2. U

What do you do for a living?

IT Systems Administrator for the last 14 years, the grumpy one that doesn't like to deal with people's computer questions. If I had a dollar every time someone asked me the line "I have a quick computer question" I would be retired.
  3. U

Weeekly Photo Fun 3/2 - 3/8

Thnak you. Lots of trial and error.
  4. U

Thank you.
  5. U

Here is the link to my facebook album. http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3378284582795.160320.1439795029&type=1&l=0a0b234585
  6. U

Hmm...ok sorry about the double post. Here is my layout as of 03/01/2012
  7. U

Weekly photo/update Well it has been a while since I have been on here. I 've been busy with that for letter word (work) and going to school. So here is a little recap from 7 months ago.
  8. U

Need some help with a 2-10-4 C&0

Hello, I bought a Broadway Limited Blue Line 2-10-4 C&0 a number of years ago and it said it was DCC ready just add a decoder. Well, the decoder was added and it just sat on the tracks doing nothing. So I had my local hobby guy change out the sound board and put in Soundtraxx. It ran fine in the...
  9. U

Howdy from Southern California...newbie here

Thank you Michael for welcome. I have included a couple of pictures of the layout and the mountain, they were taken with a cell phone so the quality is not the best. I also have to say after watching some You Tube videos my mountain is more like a mull hill compared to some of those I saw in the...
  10. U

Is your layout too big?

Bigger is better...mine is in the garage. The cars are parked outside, thats why they have paint.
  11. U

Howdy from Southern California...newbie here

Well, I’m new to the hobby the last layout I had was a HO scale layout about 10 years ago. So much has changed; it is like starting a new. My wife and I moved into a house with a garage. Well, she got the house and I got the garage. I think I made out like a bandit. :D I am modeling a new...

Back