Recent content by traingeek344

1. T

HO track overcurrent problem.

I need your help identifying the cause of overcurrent of my ho train track. It occurs with any engine I run on the track. I use a power pack with an ammeter and voltmeter included. The track bus is 14 ga awg stranded wire with 20 ga awg droppers every 6 ft of track for a total of 20 ft. As I run...
  2. T

Turnout position indication

Been there and done that. I took off the tip of one finger on my table saw and tip of another finger on my jointed. Both times I was hurrying to get done. Now both fingers healed, but I take my time when working around machinery. As for the schematic, I found a dual coil latch relay that does...
  3. T

I don't need a pcb. I can build without and solder as needed. Please provide schematic and instructions. Thanks.
  4. T

I'm planning to use an auxiliary power supply to power the circuit. Thanks for your quick reply.
  5. T

I want to add turnout position indication using leds to my layout. I'm using Atlas turnouts with switch machines attached. My thought is to add a green led for thru position and red for divert. When I throw the momentary toggle switch for the turnout to THRU, the green led will light. When I...
  6. T

LED bleed through

The wire I am referring to is the actuation wire from the tortoise to the snap switch, not the electrical wires.
  7. T

LED bleed through

That sounds great. However I have to use Atlas snap switches. I built my benchwork using 1-3/8" thick solid core oak doors with 2" foam board glued on top, making my total thickness of 3-3/8", which the wires with the tortoise are too short.
  8. T

LED bleed through

I tried 1k resistors, but still some bleeding.
  9. T

LED bleed through

I would guess electrical current is bleeding through causing the led to have a slight glow when not selected.
  10. T

LED bleed through

No, the led it self has a slight glow when not selected.
  11. T

LED bleed through

I'm attempting to build a flip flop circuit to indicate position of remote turnout switch to siding. This circuit works great except the 3 volt leds I'm using bleed through when not powered. I'm not sure how to stop the bleeding.
  12. T

Painting rails?

Not restore, it's Testors.
  13. T

Painting rails?

I use Restore flat rust and hand brush it.
  14. T

Wiring block sections

Thanks for the info. Can I run all the bus wires together? Or should I route each pair separately? I will be running twisted pairs for bus wires.

Back