Recent content by tower24

1. tower24

A Tale of Two Projects

This is a short story about two structures I'm building for my HO railroad that doesn’t yet exist and doesn’t even have a name yet. The first project - a scale model of Texas Tower 24 – is what got me back into model railroading, and the second - a small auto repair garage that was one of the...
  2. tower24

67 years is long enough

Hi, PC. Bench work is on hold till we get some cooler weather. I've decided to go with your idea of a narrower shelf-type layout with a 2x8 section to start. The actual mainline on either side of Temple is a straight shot for miles and miles over gently rolling hills with few, if any...
  3. tower24

The Great Plains Railroad: Private Basement HO Layout Video

Absolutely amazing, especially if done by only one person in just 5 years. It takes me that long to find my glasses...
  4. tower24

67 years is long enough

No I'm not, but thanks for reminding me, Iron, and thanks for the offer but I need to get off my can and sign up there. I've pretty much got everything I need from those two images but you're right, there may additional information I could access.
  5. tower24

Pratt Bridge

Impressive! 👍
  6. tower24

67 years is long enough

Thanks for the welcome John! My parents lived in Killeen for many years. Where are you living now? Well, if not having a lot of room is a blessing, I am indeed blessed lol. But I'm having fun too :).
  7. tower24

67 years is long enough

Thanks, Guilford!
  8. tower24

67 years is long enough

Thanks again for the ideas and the welcome, PC! I'm glad you're on board with me so hang on... it's gonna be a bumpy ride :).
  9. tower24

67 years is long enough

That it can. I made the trip from central Texas to Vegas many times.
  10. tower24

67 years is long enough

Man I'd love to do that, but it's a three-day drive from here to AZ and I won't mortgage my house just for a plane ticket. Sounds like you've been there though.
  11. tower24

Are larger train layouts less boring?

I've heard it said you only need 3 things to be happy: "Someone to love, something to do, and something to look forward to". Whatever you enjoy doing, be it running trains, creating scenery or building structures, your railroad dream needs to constantly provide you with something to look forward...
  12. tower24

67 years is long enough

Hey, D&J, thanks for the link. I watched all three and yikes! Made me want to run and hide in a dark place lol! A very impressive and droolingly unatainable creation, but then, that's what dreams are made of :-).
  13. tower24

67 years is long enough

Hello Iron Horseman. That's true. I accessed their site for information on Tower24. Unfortunately, I've only been able to find two pictures of the tower, either there or anywhere else on the web.
  14. tower24

67 years is long enough

High PowerCab. Yes and... yes... sort of... I planned to build it as a module with the idea of adding more sections should fate be kind. I figured 4' deep so I could include some Santa Fe rr structures off to the west, but it's possible I could make the module longer and more narrow... say 1.5'...
  15. tower24

67 years is long enough

Thanks for the welcome, Willie, and for the invite. I've been reading some of your conversations already. If I see anything I can contribute, I'll jump in.

Back