Recent content by Texas Hobo

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. Texas Hobo

Running Bear's September 2021 Coffee Shop

Didn't that plan sink. :cool::D:eek::)
  2. Texas Hobo

I was saying that very same thing to the Conductress the other day. Wondering if there will be a show in Stafford in Feb. 2022?
  3. Texas Hobo

Good Morning all! Well 2 extra large lawn trash bags full of limbs and twigs, and about 350 pine cones later the place is looking better. The yards are soft and very muddy. All in all if you have to have a hurricane this was one to pick, at least for us. Some others were not so fortunate as...
  4. Texas Hobo

Good Morning all! Well we are coming out the other side of Hurricane Nicholas. A lot of branches down in the front yard, street flooded about 2/3 the way down and the neighbors chicken coop is blown down. Lights blinked off and on a half dozen times but remained on, however some homes behind me...
  5. Texas Hobo

Good Morning all! Off and on showers predicted for the day. Full on downpours, thunderstorms and possible tornados during the night. We have stocked up on groceries, water, gas for the gen and the cars topped off. So now we sit and wait. During Harvey we recorded 47 inches in 3 days and didn't...
  6. Texas Hobo

Good Morning all! This will be a quick drop in as we are expecting Nickolas to visit later this evening and possibly hang around till Wednesday. I did a test run of the new generator and that went well. 65 db. in the back bedroom. I need to go out and secure all the stuff around the house...
  7. Texas Hobo

My connection to 9-11. My first full time job after graduating high school was with Lafayette Shipping, a Customs Brokerage. I would take the paper work for importing goods and walk it through the Customs House. There were 2 companies working out of the same office, Lafayette and Hankimer. There...
  8. Texas Hobo

Good Afternoon all! A rare day in Texas indeed. I spent the entire afternoon completing the punch list on my generator shed and barely sweat. The temp is near 90 but the humidity is down in the low 50's. Nice day. Tomorrow I'll add oil and fuel and fire up the generator for the first time...
  9. Texas Hobo

I was going to say cut of "Willie" but then you know who might have gotten offended. LOL! 😄😄😄😄😄
  10. Texas Hobo

Good Morning all! Quite warm, but it's a dry heat. Bull feathers, 95 under a glaring sun is hot no matter what. Flo, breakfast tacos please, with coffee. The latest report says 3 cups of coffee are good in the prevention of heart failure. Cannot be decaf. If you wait a few weeks the report will...
  11. Texas Hobo

Have you gave any thought as to what an upper and lower case ampersand might look like? (&) (&)
  12. Texas Hobo

Wow, that first photo requires a second look. Not a lot gives away it's a model.
  13. Texas Hobo

See, now isn't that better. Kiss and makeup, then sell her favorite earrings!
  14. Texas Hobo

Good Afternoon all! We seem to have gotten a break in the humidity, forecasted to be low for a couple of days. While it's still hot temperature wise, it just doesn't feel so bad. Willie - a little prayer going out for your brother. Sherrel - Look at it this way, you won't be worried about the...
  15. Texas Hobo

I have been dabbling in N Scale for about 35 or so years. Your right there is so much more available now then back then, and seems to be getting better quality wise. I'm slowly replacing much of the old plastic structures with new plastic or laser cut stuff.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.