Recent content by spleen1015

1. spleen1015

Back at it again with layout

I'm curious. Why not Woodland risers?
  2. spleen1015

Running Bear's September 2023 Coffee Shop

My father grew up in Baltimore, born in '50. He was still a Colts fan even after they left Baltimore. He didn't believe in teams moving and being a different team. He always thought the Ravens were the Browns. He didn't have a good answer for me when I asked him about the O's being the St...
  3. spleen1015

Is this what you're talking about? Edit - And do you caulk the length of the track? Every few inches? Is this what you're talking about?
  4. spleen1015

Today, I am nervous about glueing track to the layout. The next step is glueing the tunnel track and I am nervous about getting it right. I'm afraid to have it in the wrong position and screwing things up. Any recommendations for the best way to glue Kato unitrack?
  5. spleen1015

Magic number at 3 since the O's have the tie breaker over the Rays!
  6. spleen1015

The BGR (Bruette's Goofy Railroad)

Looking forward to seeing how it goes!
  7. spleen1015

Scenic Ridge - Here we go!

Applied some plaster cloth to the tunnel sections today. We'll see how it goes the next couple of days. Have other stuff going on.
  8. spleen1015

Needing some turnout help - Kato Unitrack DC

I was able to fix this by moving the feeder outside of the turnouts.
  9. spleen1015

I had them like this with a simple loop on my dinning room table. :(
  10. spleen1015

A feeder is the power connection? When you say between them, do you mean a 'A' in the pic below or 'B'? I'm pretty sure I used the same set up with a loop on my dining room table, that I took apart today to lay this track.
  11. spleen1015

Howdy friends! Here it is, the first run of Scenic Ridge! It is very satisfiying the first time you run trains on your layout.
  12. spleen1015

I have this section of track. When the train goes straight, left to right, I don't have any issues. If I want the train to turn right at the first turnout, then turn back left at the second, that's where I run into problems. When I switch the turnout on the right to allow for the train to come...
  13. spleen1015

I forgot I ordered this until the hobby shop called today to let me know it was in. I've watched some videos tonight. This is going to be fun. If you read this, let me know how you paint your buildings. Air brush? Paint brush? Another way?
  14. spleen1015

Right now, I'm leaning N scale with many 4x8 sections. Each section will have a theme of some sort, like Christmas, Pacific NW, Desert/Grand Canyon, Great Plains, etc. I would have a layout for each and I would have 1 or 2 main lines that just run around the entire layout. I have a long way to...

Back