Recent content by SNE

1. SNE

B&M Railroad (Ben & Me)

Looks like your off to a great start! It's awesome you're getting your grandson involved! I'm sure he's going to have a blast, and will build memories with you that will last a lifetime! Keep posting up the pictures! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. SNE

Model Railroading in the 50s and 60s.

About a year ago, I was given a gift from an older fellow who I operated on a layout with regularly. It was his entire collection of MRR mags from 1950 to the present, all in pristine condition. I cannot put them down!!!!! The ones from the early 50's are my favorite. I am completely...
  3. SNE

New HO scale layout

Just read the entire thread! Great read! Looks like it's starting to come together for you nicely. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. SNE

STEAM is the answer!!!

Wow awesome responses everyone thank you!!! This is the type of info I was looking for!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. SNE

STEAM is the answer!!!

Hi everyone! I've always been a modern day modeler. Being 39 years old I've never seen live steam so I've never been interested by it. While looking for inspiration for a new layout I keep finding myself wanting to model my hometown railroad that never was completed, the Southern New England...
  6. SNE

Basic question...

Thanks for the info!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. SNE

Basic question...

Thanks Alex!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. SNE

Basic question...

I'm finalizing the plans for my Nscale layout. I'm planning on using NCE, I've been using it at an operating session I attend and love the feel of it. What is the difference between a NCE sold separately decoder and a locomotive that comes dcc equipped? Should I buy a dcc ready engine instead...
  9. SNE

Saturday night, anyone working on their layout?

Life happens!! I wonder what the ratio of actual layout time we get compared to daydreaming about our layouts is?! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. SNE

Hi Rod!! She's a 7 year old beagle, lazy as can be! Here's the one year old baby, He has so much energy!! Enjoy the rest of your weekend! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. SNE

So it's Saturday night, my wife is out to dinner with the women folk, it's just me and the dog! I'm Doing some layout planning/designing tweaking a few things before I start building! Anyone else working on their layout tonight? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. SNE

Who here is under 50?

I'm 38! I've loved trains since I was a little kid. Had a few small layouts as a child built by my dad (simple ovals with plaster scenery) when I was in my mid 20s I got back into it on and off. Had a few switching layouts. Now I'm Back into it in my late 30s with a new house and family. I...
  13. SNE

How long were you stuck in planning? Looking for advice

Thanks John. Your pretty much correct. I'm a bit of a southern New England railway history buff. I've also done some archeological metal detecting on a few portions of the road bed. (With land owners permission of course) it's funny I grew up playing on the road bed ad a kid, thinking it was an...
  14. SNE

Thinking of the steam era....

I'd love to have one with sound that's the plan!! Is there a better performing track? Meaning I've always used atlas code 80, is there one that performs better? I'm thinking of the atlas code 55. Or peco code 55. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. SNE

How long were you stuck in planning? Looking for advice

Thanks for all the responses everyone!! I've done a lot of thinking and re-evaluating of what "I" really want to do. A lot of points you guys have made really hit home. With all the plans I've come up with and all the layouts based on operations I've looked at, the reason why I can't just go...

Back