Recent content by shesgone

1. S

Small Unitrack Layout

Again, thanks. I had not discovered the CP menu. You will notice the Amtrak avitar. I just took an amtrack trip from Albuquerque to Wash. DC and back so why not. Fantastic trip; lots of ideas for my model RRs. Good Model RR shop in Old Alexandria.
  2. S

Small Unitrack Layout

Thanks for responding. One thing I would like to know is how to add an avitar. Can't seem to find it anywhere in my profile options
  3. S

Small Unitrack Layout

Yeah, it's me Mike in Ruidoso, NM. I am trying to get into this forum. It seems unusually unfriendly and somehow related to other model rr forums. I posted something similiar on Trainboard.com. So I keep going round and round in circles. I hope that they don't throw me off here but their help is...
  4. S

Small Unitrack Layout

Hi All: I haven't postrd before but thought I would show progress on my new layout. It is based on Kato's unitrack Colorado Western track plan. I have a HO gauge shelf layout; this is my first N guage. Completed track: Basic Landscape configuration: Removable tunnel covers The theme will...
  5. S

Kato Unitrack Questions

Hi Russell, been working on a small Unitack layout for a couple of months. It is a double loop with an under and over crossover. To make more gradual grade transitions I snap the track together where the grade change begins or ends, lay them upside down on flat surface and glue the conection...
  6. S

Lessons learned!

Atlas snap turnouts, particularly with a Roundhouse 6-axle steam engine. Shelf layout around room with code 100 flex track on cork road base glued to 1" styrofoam base. Their operation is too fragile and unreliable. Most of my derails occur here.

Back