Recent content by sgttoe

1. S

Starting to buy rolling stock. Need advice

Thanks Glenn. Now I just need to figure out what source and is it better to go ready to run or some sort of kits.
  2. S

Starting to buy rolling stock. Need advice

I have 5 n scale locos and now want to start building up a modern pool of cars. I plan to use a stick to decouple cars. But want micro trains compatible. What brands use mt couplers or are compatible? What is best way to build up a collection? I found this web sight...
  3. S

N scale Kato Unitrack Turnout Questions

I have read some comments that say never use #4 turnouts only #6's. I wanted to hear from those who use unitrack and see what you say. Also, are there dcc problems with power routing? I heard there are jumpers to configure power routing or non power routing. Thanks
  4. S

Multi Deck or no?

Thats a good idea, my first idea was to buld it and then because I'm using uni-track I could pull apart and add switches as I can afford and put in industries as I go. However, I learned about SCRAM last night and downloaded it. I think that will allow me to model the future state so that I...
  5. S

Multi Deck or no?

I thought I was posting in the N Scale portion of this Forum. If I posted this in a general section then my bad.
  6. S

Multi Deck or no?

Wow wish I had room for a 3' radius, but it is 3' diameter. I know that would not work on an ho scale, I run N scale though. not HO.:) That is why I am leaning away from using a big helix.
  7. S

Multi Deck or no?

Hi. Just joined forum today. I have a standard sized bedroom, about 12x10 to use. I have to accomidate table in the middle of the room to allow family to play board games and my wife to scrap book. I want to use kato unitrack to make a layout that will allow: continual train running on a...
  8. S

Hi from Flagstaff, AZ

Just joined the forum. I have N scale equip (5 locos with decoders and 5 cars). And can use up to 3' on two walls of a bedroom and the closet. Want to come up with a track plan using Kato Unitrack. Want to learn about Operations and How to build up a modern pool of cars like the ones that...

Back